GIVEAWAY: Sennheiser headphones for free
Feb 17, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #32 of 90
yeah, well i was thinking along the lines of how headroom does it

200 posts gets you a small amp
then 500, then 1000 etc.

maybe in the future.

i'd totally give 2 or 3 bucks to buy a loaner grado 125 or senn 580

i mean, those are phones people are always asking about and wanting to try (Myself included!)

and if some piece of crap would steal them even after posting 200 times, i dunno, it'd be worth it for all the other people that this would help out.

but this is really for another thread!

any mod wanna move this to member's lounge?

Feb 17, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #33 of 90
Great idea on the loan cans, really would be wonderful but it will never work! The postings idea is good, if you are into headphones etc enough to post 500 times, there is a much reduced chance you would screw other people over.

However I have little or no faith in people's good nature and trustworthyness.

FACT OF LIFE: A small minority of A**holes will ALWAYS spoil it for everyone else

Apologies for the irrelevancy of this post

Feb 17, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #34 of 90
I don't know, I think the "loaner-cans" idea could be made to work. As a trumpet player, I frequent a site for trumpet enthusiasts as well, and not too long ago a member there bought a trumpet and sent it out touring, it returned to her after a year still in pristine condition.

Feb 17, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #36 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by MrEasy

FACT OF LIFE: A small minority of A**holes will ALWAYS spoil it for everyone else

Completely ot, but this reminds me of some pre-employment tests I've taken. When I was younger, I answered them honestly, citing the above statement as True...now I know better.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 18, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #37 of 90
all i have is my senn px200 and my echo indigo (for my laptop). besides those two i have nothing else since i've sold basically everything i have (sold porta pros, gave away senn hd433, returned v6's to store) in the aims of generating any kind of money for my books and tuition for the next quarter (i'm a starving college student as well 3rd year). i do not have any fancy amps, cables, sources (except for my playstation). just my computer and these px200s. reading about all the equipment that people have in this forum is a bit painful considering i'll never own or even listen to any of the things they mentioned for the next few years or until i get out of debt.

i'd very much appreciate these phones, it is a wonderful gesture for what you are doing.

Feb 18, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #40 of 90
The crappy thing about a headphone loaner program is this: most people in desperate need of new cans haven't posted 500 times. Everybody I've seen who's that active has already taken the plunge into the deep end.

There just has to be some way to help out all the newbies, to get them started. But I'm just not sure about the trust factor
frown.gif

BTW: Keep it coming! I've only gotten what -- 20 applications? There have to be more impoverished people with ****ty setups!

Also, I've decided, I'm going to give this thing two more days. Then, it's a quick round of semifinals. Semifinalists can PM me with a quick "why I deserve this" or "what I love about music," then I'll just pick the best one. Or maybe voting would be cooler. Thoughts?

Feb 18, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #42 of 90
I'll say it again, i don't have any headphones! Al these other people say, I only have my Grados. I wouldn't call those people newbs, they have Grados! I have stock earbuds, thats it! Good idea gradofan, way to look out for us true noobs.

Feb 18, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #43 of 90
I just lost my job...

does that count?

by the way, arrows theory states that it is impossible to create a fair voting method... lol

Shall we do a plurality vote? plurality with elimination? Plurality with runoff? Pairwise comparison?....

haha

Feb 18, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #45 of 90
Interesting, and generous offer
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm another poor college student, I used to have a job, but tore my left rotator cuff, and am sitting around collecting worker's comp, it's boring, I really need a new job, and my shoulder hurts, but I love my SR-80's, and feel like hooking my little brother up with a decent set of phones for his rio cali.
my setup

Grado SR-80's
A DIY cd player made from a cdrom drive, and the powersupply from an old parallel port zip drive.
the unassembled parts to a cmoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back