Giant Killer? 'Signal Cable' has new Silver cable line
Jun 4, 2004 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

eyeteeth

Headphoneus Supremus
As I am auditioning Signal's bargain priced line of cables (copper), I went to the web site to look at something and discovered they have a new line of silver cables .

(Wording used below- quoted from the web site)

Interconnect
Fine 5N multi-strand pure silver interconnect-2 foot pair with Eichmann's Silver Bullet RCA Plugs:
List Price - $189.00
*Intro Price* - $139
Each additional foot - $20.00

Speaker Cable
Fine 5N multi-strand pure silver speaker cables that has a unique geometry not found in any other speaker cables, a total of 160 pure silver strands in 8 separately Teflon insulated conductors for each channel in a cross-link configuration-6 foot pair:
List Price - $359.00
*Intro Price* - $259
Each additional foot - $30.00

Digital Cable
75ohm SPDI/F digital cable utilizes unique high purity multi-strand silver/copper alloy conductors with a silver/copper alloy shield.
(2 feet)
List Price - $89.00
*Intro Price* - $69
Each additional foot - $10.00
Terminations -Eichmann's Copper Bullet RCA Plugs

SilverResolution-RCA-D.jpg

Jun 4, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 56
Certainly look very promising. I might give 'em a try sometime. Thanks for the heads up.

Jun 4, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 56
Yeah those silver bullets alone are like 80 bux. I also noticed they are multistranded rather than a single solid core conductor, which is much more expensive to produce. Overall looks like a real steal, I have no doubt they will sound wonderful. The digital cable looks good as well.

Jun 4, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 56
I haven't the opportunity to try signal cable's new silver cables, but I can say with absolutely no hestitation that you should also try Silver Audio (www.silveraudio.com). I have yet to hear a better cable at any price point. I know that sounds like a far fetched hyperbole, but I have gone through an amazing array of cables before I found SA. I gladly replaced my previous $$$$ Nordost Valkyries with SAs. Their cables start at about $225 so it's right in line with Signal Cable's pricing.

Jun 4, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
As I am auditioning Signal's reasonably priced line of cables (copper), I went to the web site to look at something and discovered they have a new line of silver cables .

Interconnect
Fine 5N multi-strand pure silver interconnect-2 foot pair with Eichmann's Silver Bullet RCA Plugs:
List Price - $189.00
*Intro Price* - $139
Each additional foot - $20.00

SilverResolution-RCA-D.jpg

Well, thanks for the info Eyeteeth.

[size=small]JUST ORDERED TWO PAIR OF THESE FROM SIGNAL CABLE.[/size]
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

They should be here early next week. I'll let you guys know the verdict.
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by meech
Well, thanks for the info Eyeteeth.

[size=small]JUST ORDERED TWO PAIR OF THESE FROM SIGNAL CABLE.[/size]
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

They should be here early next week. I'll let you guys know the verdict.
tongue.gif

cool.gif
Yes. Please do. i'm planing to post about the Signal copper ICs & speaker cable next week or so.

Jun 5, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 56
I have tried their copper ICs before. They're great for the price. I also have a pair of the shotgun biwire. They sound great and for the price, unbeatable.

I'm thinking about trying out a set of silver biwire. By the way, I love those eichman bullet connectors. If I get some extra green, I may have to try out the silver ICs as well. Meech, let me know how you like them.

Jun 5, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #12 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
Yeah those silver bullets alone are like 80 bux. I also noticed they are multistranded rather than a single solid core conductor, which is much more expensive to produce. Overall looks like a real steal, I have no doubt they will sound wonderful. The digital cable looks good as well.

From just the product description alone, would you say that this would be a more worthwhile buy than your Bogdan Silver Princess cable?

Jun 5, 2004 at 8:46 AM Post #13 of 56
Very interesting. The prices are almost too good to be true.

Anybody know the the geometry, materials, shielding or capacitance on the the analog RCA interconnects?

Please post your listening impressions / comparison when you get the cable.

Thanks!

Jun 5, 2004 at 8:52 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
Very interesting. The prices are almost too good to be true.

Anybody know the the geometry, materials, shielding or capacitance on the the analog RCA interconnects?

Please post your listening impressions / comparison when you get the cable.

Thanks!

The prices do raise the question: How much are most cable companies overcharging?

The web site says something about geometry, etc. But the page is not finished, "coming soon" it says.

Jun 5, 2004 at 9:19 AM Post #15 of 56
What is the general consensus on Signal Cable? eyeteeth, do you think the speaker wires are a decent product, fairly priced?
I am in need of a pair of 2m interconnects. I was thinking that maybe these silver ones would work well on my Arcam then I could switch the Corals I have there to the Sony. The Sony is a bit bright already and I don't think a silver IC would be a good idea for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back