Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 1, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #91 of 5,506
Quote:
I also dont remember standing on a street cornet handing out HFI-580 or M50 to passersby.

Now that would be awesome.

Quote:
I had some cousins over for the holidays and one was listening to my Omegas and R10s.  After like 30-45 minutes she was done listening and then we were with the rest of the family and she was talking about how much music I have and that I've got a bunch of headphones.  Then one of my cousins said something like "you should get the beats...but those are expensive".  I just laughed inside and said "Ya I've never heard them but they're pretty expensive." :)

Priceless...

Mar 1, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #92 of 5,506
I was trying to explain to someone who bought a pair that he shouldn't have done that. He at first tried denying it, but eventually conceded (realised I actually knew some stuff) and told me to shut up before he totally regretted something he couldn't return.

Mar 1, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #93 of 5,506

Quote:
I had some cousins over for the holidays and one was listening to my Omegas and R10s.  After like 30-45 minutes she was done listening and then we were with the rest of the family and she was talking about how much music I have and that I've got a bunch of headphones.  Then one of my cousins said something like "you should get the beats...but those are expensive".  I just laughed inside and said "Ya I've never heard them but they're pretty expensive." :)

That's pretty interesting.  It really sounds like brainwashing.  She had an experience listening to your gear, but held onto an idea that was pressed onto her by advertising- that the Beats are good but expensive.  None of your phones had the official status of being advertised and in the end that mattered more than the infinitely better sound quality they had.  You would think that the size of your amps alone would be convincing, but not as convincing as the Dr Dre image. 

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #99 of 5,506
i once had someone tell me his beats studios which are a year old are better then my shure srh750DJ i used to have. i said well no beats are over priced garbage and he looked at me like i was the one brainwashed. silly monkeys you give them brains and they abuse them. (tool reference)

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #100 of 5,506
I have learned a great way to make people shut up about beats being worth anything! I has made two beats people stop in their words! I asked them a simple question... "How many musicians and studio professionals do you know of have heard of that use beats anywhere?" Naturally they can't think of any, and I mention how most DJs and Studio professionals use Sony MDR7509, Technics RP-DH1200 or M50s among other high quality headphones.... They usually end it by saying something like "YEAH! WELL THEY ARE STILL BETTER THAN YOURS!" I just nod knowing that they are defensive because they know I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i once had someone tell me his beats studios which are a year old are better then my shure srh750DJ i used to have. i said well no beats are over priced garbage and he looked at me like i was the one brainwashed. silly monkeys you give them brains and they abuse them. (tool reference)

Mar 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #103 of 5,506
It's a....TROLL!!!!  A BEATS TROLL!!!!  Everyone run for your lives!!!!!

Mar 8, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #104 of 5,506

Quote:
off topic, which beats would you recommend for someone who likes music but doesn't need studio grade? also what ear buds are recommended by them?

No. Just stop right now; this is a thread about how BAD/OVERPRICED the Beats are. Go to a different one if you really want to know
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back