Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 7, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #4,486 of 5,506

Quote:
Most of those are fake..if not all of them

Saw that video and shook my head so many times while watching..

What a waste of money

Doesn't matter, the fakes measure better anyways 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #4,487 of 5,506
A bud of mine is in China and he's bringing me back some fake Beats Studios, I'm looking forward to seeing if I can mod them to perhaps make them worthwhile. :D

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #4,488 of 5,506

Quote:
Werd dawg! Beats is automatic son nutin come close to dem beats. 
I think I would enjoy the discussion, did you find the one you prefer yet?

Yes!

Ok 3 i liked:

1. At the start, the green neon/glossy one @ 0:58

Reminds of fast & furious/need for speed underground :p!

2. The very shiny silver ones @4:58
Really looks nice IMO :p

3. The transformer ones - colour is simple yet nice and they go well together @5:25

What about you :D?

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #4,489 of 5,506

Quote:
I haven't the luck to get an SGS1 dedicated to media playing but once CM9 gets polished I may just jump on it. Would also serve as a nice backup device in the event my main phone(D2Global) gets stolen. I'm probably one of the handful who need phones that work around the world with no exceptions. That being said, the Droid 1's still pretty nice to have on backup, despite the fact that CM9 likes to run like a Powerpoint sometimes. Not without using a bit of more aggressive memory management does it work well. As soon as they get audio working, I might just reactivate it.

I use my SGS1 for everything - music, web browsing, emails, phone and messaging.
I use it for emails + music more than anything!

I sometimes end up in bed, just on my S1 rather than on my PC lol :p

I truly love the phone

Quote:
I have to admit that quite a few of them have some nice designs, but it just makes me sad to see someone have that many of the same headphones. Especially Beats. I could see having a "for looks" or pair intended for home use and a pair meant for heavier use on the go, but every duplicate is meant for looks only. After the 2nd or 3rd pair, you should really consider spending money on more variety  or higher quality stuff. Of course, I assume he doesn't realize there are better options.

Couldn't agree more
That said, maybe the guy likes the design, and is more of a collector, than a listener.
Most of his pairs looked unused - apart from his original beats pros - which were almost falling to bits

Quote:
absolutely sure they're not all real. there might be a possible chance that a few could be, but a majority of them are not.

hell i even was able to get a pair of transformers one

How do you know if they are real/fake?
Maybe they were limited one-off editions?

No idea - possibly the guy even makes the mods himself -> that would make sense.

Buying cheap FAKE beats, and then modding each one, like a shoe designer.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #4,494 of 5,506

Quote:

Wow...haha a lot of money on same headphones. 

"The Justin Bieber ones are one of my favorite ones" so gangsta.
I like how in the comments he tries to explain those aren't fakes, but coloware versions. Yeah, it's not like the spiderman ones are exactly like fakes I've seen online. Also who was the kind head-fi'er saying for that money he could have got the SR009? =)

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #4,495 of 5,506
So there's this show I watch avidly, Parks and Recreations. It's a mockumentary by the creators of The Office. On the latest episode they have a Valentine's party and Chris is the DJ. His headphones, with the logo on a close-up for everyone to see? Beats Pro.

Talos damn you.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #4,497 of 5,506
Rootb33r, have you ever auditioned the Audio Technica PRO700MK2's? They would suit many of the people who are asking you for beats type headphones. When I was looking for a pair of cans to cover my bass head category I auditioned a lot of different headphones, and as always I just kind of fell in love with what Audio Technica has to offer. Their design, particularly with the PRO700MK2's is quite nice. Has a modular cable system like the beats as well. They do a great job at keeping things aesthetically pleasing but maintaining professional and studio level quality. I read something like the CMA's or Grammies or something uses exclusively AT equipment.

Oh man, the bass on these things is absolutely bowel shaking. Particularly amped. No joke, it's like two subwoofers, real deep sub bass. Sometimes I swear they have that slight rattle of a subwoofer. But they do what Beat don't, and that is they manage to do all this without sacrificing the mids. They're quite clear and the powerful lows don't interfere. That being said, of course, these aren't perfect for all genres but anyone who listens to exclusively bassy music and like the beats form factor will be pleasantly surprised. They're great for people who aren't interested in a good "all-rounder" headphone like the M-50 and want more bass than the M-50 provides.

Their support has always been stellar. My rabbit chewed through the cable on my ESW9's (obviously not covered under warranty) and I sent them it expecting pay and they just recabled it on the house. Shipped it back for free.

All for half the price of beats too! The beats fan boys love to stare but they're too afraid to try them out because sometimes some people are just not interested in seeing the light. Buyer's remorse is a beach.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #4,499 of 5,506

Quote:
Rootb33r, have you ever auditioned the Audio Technica PRO700MK2's? They would suit many of the people who are asking you for beats type headphones. When I was looking for a pair of cans to cover my bass head category I auditioned a lot of different headphones, and as always I just kind of fell in love with what Audio Technica has to offer. Their design, particularly with the PRO700MK2's is quite nice. Has a modular cable system like the beats as well. They do a great job at keeping things aesthetically pleasing but maintaining professional and studio level quality. I read something like the CMA's or Grammies or something uses exclusively AT equipment.
*SNIP*
Oh man, the bass on these things is absolutely bowel shaking. Particularly amped. No joke, it's like two subwoofers, real deep sub bass. Sometimes I swear they have that slight rattle of a subwoofer. But they do what Beat don't, and that is they manage to do all this without sacrificing the mids. They're quite clear and the powerful lows don't interfere. That being said, of course, these aren't perfect for all genres but anyone who listens to exclusively bassy music and like the beats form factor will be pleasantly surprised. They're great for people who aren't interested in a good "all-rounder" headphone like the M-50 and want more bass than the M-50 provides.
Their support has always been stellar. My rabbit chewed through the cable on my ESW9's (obviously not covered under warranty) and I sent them it expecting pay and they just recabled it on the house. Shipped it back for free.
All for half the price of beats too! The beats fan boys love to stare but they're too afraid to try them out because sometimes some people are just not interested in seeing the light. Buyer's remorse is a beach.

Yeah, one of the few quality headphones I've had the pleasure of using. My friend owns a pair, and I think I've recommended them a few times. They really are bass cannons! They're built extremely well, and he stole my M50 pads to use with them. That's why I was stuck using Beyer Velours on the M50 for awhile. That was an interesting (and bass-lacking) experience!

My M50s were more than enough to make one of my friends who owned Studios to sell them. And to fill a Solo owner with deep regret. Their reactions to the 700s would be even better!

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #4,500 of 5,506

Quote:
Yes!

Ok 3 i liked:

1. At the start, the green neon/glossy one @ 0:58

Reminds of fast & furious/need for speed underground :p!

2. The very shiny silver ones @4:58
Really looks nice IMO :p

3. The transformer ones - colour is simple yet nice and they go well together @5:25

What about you :D?

1.The spider-man because IMO the designs were put very well together  (first one)
2. I really like how the color was put on it, but the only things I don't like is how the bmw logo just sticks out like that (1:45)
3. And finally I like the transformer as well and have the same opinion as you do (5:25)

If only the other headphone brands made stuff like these I would buy those without hesitation. The only downside is that the price for them would go up and I'm not that good with money right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back