Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Oct 20, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #2,386 of 5,506
OK getting back on track, considering Monster has such a bad rep amongst head-fi does anyone think that even if they were to start making good sounding headphones would they be taken seriously

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #2,387 of 5,506
Reportedly, Skullcandy has taken steps with the Aviator and gotten a couple good high profile reviews (Jude, Tyll). In Monster the Turbines are doing well. The Beats... er...

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #2,388 of 5,506
Ok so this trailer has been out for some time. As you can see from my DP, I am a big fan of Skrillex. I was unsurprised yet sad to see him using the Beats to mix. I can imagine as soon as Monster heard of this release, they jumped right in, handing out Studios to the DJs.

The product placement is pretty obvious, but the Beats aren't the only ones taking advantage: you can see a very obvious slow-mo shot of some Audio-Technica M50s (!), also what I think are some DT770 (!), the Sennheiser HD 202 show up a lot. Some Fanny Wangs which at first I thought were Beats (!!) and even what I think were some Fostex T50-RP (!!!). I think it's great that in here you can see real musicians using real headphones, so the Beats-are-used-by-professional-musicians myth can just curl up and die...

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #2,389 of 5,506

Quote:
Ok so this trailer has been out for some time. As you can see from my DP, I am a big fan of Skrillex. I was unsurprised yet sad to see him using the Beats to mix. I can imagine as soon as Monster heard of this release, they jumped right in, handing out Studios to the DJs.

The product placement is pretty obvious, but the Beats aren't the only ones taking advantage: you can see a very obvious slow-mo shot of some Audio-Technica M50s (!), also what I think are some DT770 (!), the Sennheiser HD 202 show up a lot. Some Fanny Wangs which at first I thought were Beats (!!) and even what I think were some Fostex T50-RP (!!!). I think it's great that in here you can see real musicians using real headphones, so the Beats-are-used-by-professional-musicians myth can just curl up and die...

Makes everything from scary monsters and nice sprites to rock n roll so much better..

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #2,390 of 5,506
If you look on the monster cable facebook page, it seems besides those new DJ beats coming out, they're coming out with wireless beats and colored beats for the holidays...

despite the fact that beats suck and are overpriced, i'm probably gonna buy a pair of those pink beats in one of the pictures just for the fashion statement 
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #2,392 of 5,506

Quote:
If you look on the monster cable facebook page, it seems besides those new DJ beats coming out, they're coming out with wireless beats and colored beats for the holidays...

despite the fact that beats suck and are overpriced, i'm probably gonna buy a pair of those pink beats in one of the pictures just for the fashion statement 
biggrin.gif

Fanny Wang has pink Beats clones that sound better and cost less. Save yo money guurl.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #2,394 of 5,506

Quote:
From what Beats by Dre is releasing lately, I think they are at least trying to improve the build quality of their products

Shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. If you are charging over $100 headphones that can break by taking them off your head or by adjusting them, there is something wrong. Hell you can buy the V6 for far under $100 and they won't break so easily.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #2,395 of 5,506

Quote:
Makes everything from scary monsters and nice sprites to rock n roll so much better..

I know it might seem like an attack but i just listened to that song and what was going on? It sounds like a mess. It seems like people just threw sounds together for lolz to me.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #2,396 of 5,506
all i see when I look at this thread is pony's......

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #2,397 of 5,506
I just discovered the word "bronies" today.

I fear for the world.

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #2,398 of 5,506
imagine if beats by dre. suddenly released a flagship unlike any other. 

da supa beats pro II!!!

the would cost like 1500 bucks and put hd 800s and lcd-2s to shame

yeah it wouldn't happen, but isn't it cool to pretend it might? 
beyersmile.png

Oct 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #2,400 of 5,506
no......I feel awkward when I watch sugary anime. A show about little girl pony's that are rainbows would be the most emasculating thing I could ever imagine anyone watching. I also believe that picture is misquoted. "This thread is now completely unbearable to read" I believe is the correct caption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back