Getting a GS-X
Feb 27, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #76 of 95
Don't forget you'll also need XLR interconnects, and an XLR re-cable for your headphone(s)...
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #77 of 95
Hi Folks;

Sorry..I'm late to this conversation..why recommend a Transporter Asr? Sound mentioned a balanced source..why not a squeezebox 3? Let me admit I use a sb3 to an external dac as my source. Thanks and apoligies for the minor derail.

Bazile

Feb 27, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #78 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Folks;

Sorry..I'm late to this conversation..why recommend a Transporter Asr? Sound mentioned a balanced source..why not a squeezebox 3? Let me admit I use a sb3 to an external dac as my source. Thanks and apoligies for the minor derail.

Bazile

the gs-x is a fully balanced headphone amplifier. a balanced source is needed to maximize the setup. as long as you have a balanced source, whatever source that is, and plugged it in to the gs-x and have a balanced cable for your headphones, you are good to go. let's wait for asr's response regarding the transporter or the squeezebox

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #79 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Folks;

Bazile

The Transporter has balanced outs where the Squeezebox does not.

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #81 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yah I'm using a HagUSB XLR > Stello DA220 > my amp

how do you find the HagUSB? Is it any good?

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #84 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I managed to pick up a used GS-X
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't even looked in the boxes because I know if I do I won't be able to work..... god working sucks
wink.gif

What? And you decided to overlook the fact that others have been looking for one too for a while? Share the love man!
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #85 of 95
Hey, I got it from a fellow head-fier that I had struck up a conversation over PM with and then he just up and decided to sell his headphone setup. Not my fault I got lucky
biggrin.gif

We met for lunch and did the deal that's why I haven't seen it yet. I can't wait until later when I get home. I also just found out my PS-Audio Duet power conditioner arrived as well.

Hey I have to remove my name from Justin's list so at least the people after me will be getting it one amp earlier
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #86 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I managed to pick up a used GS-X
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't even looked in the boxes because I know if I do I won't be able to work..... god working sucks
wink.gif

Awww c'mon, one small peek won't hurt anyone.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I'm listening to my GS-X right now.
cool.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #87 of 95
Dreadhead's GSX look like this....

7e4e2757bx9.jpg

I sold him my GSX. I wasn't going to sell my GSX to anyone without a proper interview
wink.gif

As much as I love GSX, I love the vinyl sound more so I am dedicating more into my 2-channel vinyl stereo system. Now...I have to call Vinnie to get the Signature 30.2
biggrin.gif

Oh...the 840c in the picture is sold too
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awww c'mon, one small peek won't hurt anyone.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I'm listening to my GS-X right now.
cool.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #88 of 95
for the rest of us who's still waiting for the gsx, i just got an email from justin. he's still has no idea when the upgrade modules will be available, but he's expecting the gsx to be ready for delivery late april or early may. i don't know if i wasn't included in the batch that's supposed to ship in march or this is the only batch. so i guess i/we still have a lot of waiting to do and lot of a time to prepare our wallets
wink.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #89 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for the rest of us who's still waiting for the gsx, i just got an email from justin. he's still has no idea when the upgrade modules will be available, but he's expecting the gsx to be ready for delivery late april or early may. i don't know if i wasn't included in the batch that's supposed to ship in march or this is the only batch. so i guess i/we still have a lot of waiting to do and lot of a time to prepare our wallets
wink.gif

When did you place your order? Some of us (myself included) ordered around the end of Jan or early Feb. If you're in this group, then we're basically looking at about a 3 month wait period. Based on past experience with other HeadAmp products, I would say this is about right. I think 8 weeks is a little too optimistic.

Feb 29, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #90 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you find the HagUSB? Is it any good?

Yes the HagUSB is very good but limited to 48 kHz. I have the XLR output version and have had the RCA output versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back