Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jun 16, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #13,096 of 13,800
Yes the dac portion is damn good less mqa support but the amp portion can be improved as it doesn't really sing with my LCD-X perhaps other headphones are better
I agree. From my experience, it drives heKv2 well but so so for Ether flows

Jun 16, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #13,097 of 13,800
I can't believe that my XFI is currently my oldest component, Ive change headphones, speakers, amps, and this DAC has been running steady on my IMAC. Ive been waiting for something to go wrong so I can dump it in the trash, but the sucker is still going. It is a really good sounding product, but I feel bad for all the people that are still waiting or have gotten crappy support.

Jun 18, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #13,099 of 13,800
The Campfire IEM and the LH Stella IEM are completely different products. The IEM you're linking to has been in development since 2016 and is an LH design, not a Campfire design. The Campfire IEM was a collaboration, meant to introduce the market to the idea of LH IEMs. Stella is a different design, made by Light Harmonic.

It is a Light Harmonic product, which is the flagship division, responsible for the Da Vinci DAC, Tesla amps and speakers, etc. The LH Labs is a crowd-funded division.

If you have proof that the designs are the same IP (instead of just confused speculation), please post exact information.

Does the below public comment (posted on another audio site) by Ken Ball at Campfire count as proof?

Hi all,

I was going to let all this go but the whole thing just keeps burning and making me angry. I was really trying to let it go but, ugg.

So yeah, I will tell you my take here folks... First, flat out it is a total rip off, in fact even down to the promotional materials, use of the night sky background and fonts wording etc...Some time ago we sent LH Labs ONE DD BA hybrid sample for him to try out during our brief period of communication as we were going to do some collaboration. After we split due to reasons that are too much for this post (but would also make people pretty pissed) the one sample was never returned, despite us asking LH Labs repeatedly to return the sample. LH Labs asked us to continue the collaboration (supply LH Labs with the cobranded IEMs) we declined. Fast forward several months later and LH Labs announces the "Stella". Which remarkably is a DD BA hybrid with a "rectangle" "Hexagonal Acoustic Chamber" or (HBCC). Clearly LH Labs did a tear down and copied the one sample I had sent them. For LH rip off our design and to charge $1500+ for copied IP is pretty scummy, low life, bad taste and should be an insult to anyone who enjoys this hobby.

I urge the moderators not to delete my post please, everything I state here is 100% true and should be known for the sake of the customers (you) Of course you can decide for yourself here but honestly, lets pull up the history and known shenanigans of LH.

Ken

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #13,101 of 13,800
Does the below public comment (posted on another audio site) by Ken Ball at Campfire count as proof?

Hi all,

I was going to let all this go but the whole thing just keeps burning and making me angry. I was really trying to let it go but, ugg.

So yeah, I will tell you my take here folks... First, flat out it is a total rip off, in fact even down to the promotional materials, use of the night sky background and fonts wording etc...Some time ago we sent LH Labs ONE DD BA hybrid sample for him to try out during our brief period of communication as we were going to do some collaboration. After we split due to reasons that are too much for this post (but would also make people pretty pissed) the one sample was never returned, despite us asking LH Labs repeatedly to return the sample. LH Labs asked us to continue the collaboration (supply LH Labs with the cobranded IEMs) we declined. Fast forward several months later and LH Labs announces the "Stella". Which remarkably is a DD BA hybrid with a "rectangle" "Hexagonal Acoustic Chamber" or (HBCC). Clearly LH Labs did a tear down and copied the one sample I had sent them. For LH rip off our design and to charge $1500+ for copied IP is pretty scummy, low life, bad taste and should be an insult to anyone who enjoys this hobby.

I urge the moderators not to delete my post please, everything I state here is 100% true and should be known for the sake of the customers (you) Of course you can decide for yourself here but honestly, lets pull up the history and known shenanigans of LH.

Ken
Interesting. I was just researching Campfire Audio today as I was getting antsy waiting for the iBasso IT04.
(Looks like the Orion's are backordered)

Seems like a pattern of behavior.

Mike

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #13,102 of 13,800
Stolen from reddit because I laughed way too hard. Full props to the creator.

9sE52hg.png

Jun 18, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #13,103 of 13,800
The Campfire IEM and the LH Stella IEM are completely different products. The IEM you're linking to has been in development since 2016 and is an LH design, not a Campfire design. The Campfire IEM was a collaboration, meant to introduce the market to the idea of LH IEMs. Stella is a different design, made by Light Harmonic.

It is a Light Harmonic product, which is the flagship division, responsible for the Da Vinci DAC, Tesla amps and speakers, etc. The LH Labs is a crowd-funded division.

If you have proof that the designs are the same IP (instead of just confused speculation), please post exact information.

Right...

"HI all,

Ken
"

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #13,107 of 13,800
Has anyone received any LPS lately?
The production of a lot of new LPS is well done now?

What happens to Pulse Infinity?
We never knew why they suddenly stopped the production of Pulse Infinity in April.
Was it again problems with the production of the PCB board?
When will they start production of the PCB board again?

Today, it's a year since I opened a ticket about fault with two Geek out v2.
LH Labs says they do not have the time to fix the fault.

Now I have bought a Topping NX4 DSD while I wait.

ScreenShot171.png

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #13,109 of 13,800
Has anyone received any LPS lately?
The production of a lot of new LPS is well done now?

What happens to Pulse Infinity?
We never knew why they suddenly stopped the production of Pulse Infinity in April.
Was it again problems with the production of the PCB board?
When will they start production of the PCB board again?

Today, it's a year since I opened a ticket about fault with two Geek out v2.
LH Labs says they do not have the time to fix the fault.

Now I have bought a Topping NX4 DSD while I wait.

stuck limo, can you please update us on these - holdups in production and expected delivery dates?

Jul 7, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #13,110 of 13,800
Lol seriously? expected delivery dates? There are just going to be "issues with the PCB" again... same thing I have been waiting for like 4 years lol, seriously, don't get my hopes up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back