Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Aug 5, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #8,731 of 13,800
btw anybody got their Lightspeed 2G cables with their Infinity recently? They were out of stock when they sent mine so just wondering if they are back with it.

Nope. No 2G yet.

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #8,733 of 13,800
Bundled with the Infinity...Nope.

I have one which I purchased when it was introduced.  I am using it this way (Data Leg -> Computer, Power Leg -> LPS4, USB-B -> Infinity)

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #8,734 of 13,800

I have one which I purchased when it was introduced.  I am using it this way (Data Leg -> Computer, Power Leg -> LPS4, USB-B -> Infinity)

And I've got a 10G split doing the same thing. Not sure what I'll do with the 2G.

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #8,735 of 13,800

Same thing for me minus the LPS4, I got the LPS standard on my setup. I bought my 2G Cable outright as well

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #8,736 of 13,800
btw anybody got their Lightspeed 2G cables with their Infinity recently? They were out of stock when they sent mine so just wondering if they are back with it.

they will send them to owners who didn't get at first. They will have more available in mid august. I remember something about a design change in the cable.

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #8,739 of 13,800
Yes, I'm currently using low gain at ~-18db volume via single ended output.

To my knowledge, higher gain results in greater noise, greater bass impact and a more forward projection. Low gain results in greater clarity, separation and wider soundstage.

Regarding Lightspeed 2G, Gina mentioned they had to order a new batch due to QC issue, which should reach LH Labs by mid-August. From there, LH Labs will ship these newly redesigned cables promptly to respective backers.

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #8,741 of 13,800
Gavin confirmed the acrylic top is magnetically attached to the 2.0 chassis. We can replace it with custom tops without voiding the warranty

Encouraging! See what I can come up with

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #8,742 of 13,800
wow that sounds like a cool feature.  imagine a 3d printed top that has your username and a qr code that leads to a description of your setup :p

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #8,744 of 13,800
Just want to point out that volume level is kind of subject to the source,  for example while using plain Amarra with my own file, it sounds louder that if I am listening to Tidal with Amarra SQ. I think depending what are you listening affects the volume level. Recommend that if you are going to share the gain setting and level for your headphones, please also mention the source of your music.

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #8,745 of 13,800
  Just want to point out that volume level is kind of subject to the source,  for example while using plain Amarra with my own file, it sounds louder that if I am listening to Tidal with Amarra SQ. I think depending what are you listening affects the volume level. Recommend that if you are going to share the gain setting and level for your headphones, please also mention the source of your music.

More than "kind of".. it is totally dependent on how hard you drive the input. That is why reports of volume settings by knob position are pretty meaningless... with out knowing the input level.
In light of the fact that the closer to 0 DB on the digital volume control we get, the fewer bits are being consumed in that process, I have the input level and gain set so that I run the Infinity at  0DB ....

If I need more or less volume, I manipulate the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back