Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 19, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #2,821 of 13,800
Based on current IGG pledge levels, the original early backers should probably feel good about a 2x return if they sell. But I certainly don't expect to see anything close to retail pricing on the used forum.

It depends, I ordered a Pulse Sfi, since it's a model that won't be available in the future, it could retain a pretty good value. But, I don't expect to sell it.

Also, the fi upgrade is 600$ now? Makes me happy I got it when I could, it was somewhere around 200$ when it was announced.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #2,822 of 13,800
Here’s an update for you from the ‘Geek Pulse: Ultra High Def Audio for Your Desktop’ team:
1 new Announcement:

Ya’ll Want A Stretch Goal?

So we’ve been tossing this idea around for a while and Larry has finally agreed to do it.  We’re going to offer a tube buffer stage for Geek Pulse, in its current form factor size, as long as we can reach the stretch goal of $1,600,000. As soon as that stretch goal is reached, we’ll unlock that perk and it’ll be yours for the taking.  No word on price yet, but Larry is committed to making it as affordable as possible without compromising an ounce of quality.  

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #2,823 of 13,800

Here’s an update for you from the ‘Geek Pulse: Ultra High Def Audio for Your Desktop’ team:
1 new Announcement:

So we’ve been tossing this idea around for a while and Larry has finally agreed to do it.  We’re going to offer a tube buffer stage for Geek Pulse, in its current form factor size, as long as we can reach the stretch goal of $1,600,000. As soon as that stretch goal is reached, we’ll unlock that perk and it’ll be yours for the taking.  No word on price yet, but Larry is committed to making it as affordable as possible without compromising an ounce of quality.  

You guys are quick! I just posted that a few minutes ago 
L3000.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #2,824 of 13,800

L3000.gif

lol, we try 

i don't know about most everybody else, but i'm just sitting here waiting for a shipping notice to appear in my email, i haven't hardly moved since stuff started shipping, and i'll probably be here a while longer, i have a pulse x/f/i , although my lps could arrive i suppose

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2,825 of 13,800

1 new Announcement:

Oh man that sounds cool. I was looking at the MHDT Stockholm2 because of the tube buffer before I committed to the Pulse.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #2,826 of 13,800
i'm guessing that it would be just for the line out, which i already have a tube amp(or maybe two soon) 
but this still should be interesting to see how it pans out

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #2,827 of 13,800

1 new Announcement:

Would only be interested if it also impacted the headphone output.  That's a lie, it if were reasonably priced and switchable, I'd be interested, though it would be redundant since I would be outputting to a tube amp.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #2,828 of 13,800
  Would only be interested if it also impacted the headphone output.  That's a lie, it if were reasonably priced and switchable, I'd be interested, though it would be redundant since I would be outputting to a tube amp.

same here, i'll be watching, but i think i'm going to be ok tube wise

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #2,829 of 13,800
I think it will be only for single-ended line out like the geek soul, which I personally couldn't care less for.
Also I couldn't understand why the offer another perk at this point, Geek Pulse has begun shipping. This is indeed "forever campaign"...

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #2,830 of 13,800
  I think it will be only for single-ended line out like the geek soul, which I personally couldn't care less for.
Also I couldn't understand why the offer another perk at this point, Geek Pulse has begun shipping. This is indeed "forever campaign"...

Yeah, a little curious how they are going to handle that for people who are receiving or will receive their Pulses prior to the tube output being available.  Send the units back to LH for an upgrade?  

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #2,831 of 13,800
  Yeah, a little curious how they are going to handle that for people who are receiving or will receive their Pulses prior to the tube output being available.  Send the units back to LH for an upgrade?  

I guess they think that 1. Not many Geek Pulse has shipped at this point, I guess it will be around 100 units. 2. This upgrade is more for Geek Pulse S/X, which are still in production. Send in units could be an option but it adds up complexity...I don't really know if LHL can handle this judging from the Geek Pulse shipping situation.

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #2,832 of 13,800
  i'm guessing that it would be just for the line out, which i already have a tube amp(or maybe two soon) 
but this still should be interesting to see how it pans out

Ah. So it's not buffing the dac end? Nevermind, I'm out. I have a tube amp also...

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #2,833 of 13,800
I am intrigued by this statement from the update

In fact, I recieved a PM just yesterday raving about how blown away a an LPS backer was, “the quality and improved sound dynamics while pairing my Geek Out with LPS were completely unbeknown to me prior to Gavin’s update video.  First thing I did was connect my Geek Out and try it right away.  I had no idea that it was possible to improve my already perfect sounding Geek Out 1000, this little bundle of joy sure did it.  What is this black magic!!

How come the only feedback they receive is from PMs and not feedback at head-fi or lhlabs.com? The first Pulse units were shipped on friday, but where are the proud backers who got theirs? No comment, no statement, no raving pre reviews or first listen feedback.

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #2,834 of 13,800
  I am intrigued by this statement from the update

In fact, I recieved a PM just yesterday raving about how blown away a an LPS backer was, “the quality and improved sound dynamics while pairing my Geek Out with LPS were completely unbeknown to me prior to Gavin’s update video.  First thing I did was connect my Geek Out and try it right away.  I had no idea that it was possible to improve my already perfect sounding Geek Out 1000, this little bundle of joy sure did it.  What is this black magic!!

How come the only feedback they receive is from PMs and not feedback at head-fi or lhlabs.com? The first Pulse units were shipped on friday, but where are the proud backers who got theirs? No comment, no statement, no raving pre reviews or first listen feedback.

Related questions:  How many pulses were already shipped?  Is there an estimate on when all original backers are going to receive theirs?

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #2,835 of 13,800

L3000.gif

We're quick because when we see a Pulse update we hope it will be about our shipments, not yet another perk. Casey, why no updates on shipping and why no actual Pulse sightings from those that have actually been shipped? I can't speak for others but I can say without reservation that I'm more likely to consider buying another LH Labs product if I feel my current experience with the company warrants repeat business. I had really hoped you all had learned from the Geek Out shipping fiasco. So far you've done nothing to address my (and others) concerns about shipping and que updates on the original Pulse. Getting that information out to us would go a long way in getting me to reach into my wallet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back