[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Jul 7, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #182 of 404
i just checked the meelec site and the eartips section was updated. they sell now tips for a151, and it mention they're for a151 and m6. do you think it can match the pl50?
the price is $5 for 3 pairs + $7 shipping , is it worth?

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #183 of 404
Probably. But it is hard to be sure without seeing it in person. The price isn't bad at all.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #184 of 404
mmm they are the same of the m6. havent you tried them?
and today i tried MY trimmed to bi-flanges and summing up,  noticiable worse isolation than the clone sony hybrids, though a slight more comfort and better fit, vut not worthy. i might keep them for the comming B2...
but if you did tried the m6 bi-flanges, how do you compare them with the sony hybrid (clones), in isolation , comfort , fit , etc?

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #185 of 404

Quote:
mmm they are the same of the m6. havent you tried them?
and today i tried MY trimmed to bi-flanges and summing up,  noticiable worse isolation than the clone sony hybrids, though a slight more comfort and better fit, vut not worthy. i might keep them for the comming B2...
but if you did tried the m6 bi-flanges, how do you compare them with the sony hybrid (clones), in isolation , comfort , fit , etc?

My M6 is the older version and doesn't come with bi-flanges.

[EDIT] If the bi-flanges is the same one as A151, then I do have that one and it will fit PL50. I prefer Sony Hybrid on PL50 because it has an easier, more comfortable fit. the MEElec bi-flanges. But MEElec bi-flanges offer a little better isolation.

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #186 of 404

Quote:
My M6 is the older version and doesn't come with bi-flanges.

[EDIT] If the bi-flanges is the same one as A151, then I do have that one and it will fit PL50. I prefer Sony Hybrid on PL50 because it has an easier, more comfortable fit. the MEElec bi-flanges. But MEElec bi-flanges offer a little better isolation.

yes, at least so it says in meelec site
the thing with the sonys (mid size) is that i have to put them have the way of the pl50 nozzle  to get a good isolation (which make it a little loose and prone to fall  easily), otherwise , the housing stops them to get deep. although, i get a similar fit with the large sonys , when put to the end of the nozzle
but i think i'll try the meelec bi-flanges. if they dont work for the pl50 , then can try them on the B2.
too bad none of the stock pl50 foams worked for me
thank you very much as always

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #187 of 404
I just got monster turbine and the supertip nor the factory tips fit me too well.

for the super tip the white (between small and medium) foam one fits me the best. the large tri flange from factory fits but it's a little too deep.

So I'm wondering where I can get good bi flange. Reading this thread I saw that

http://www.meelec.com/product_p/tipset3-bf50m-mrg-bk.htm

are pretty good but I'm not sure if those fit

and what's the different between that and this http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset2-balancedsound.htm

There are so many selections at meelec, any recommendation?

thanks alot for this helpful thread

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #188 of 404

Quote:
... There are so many selections at meelec, any recommendation?

thanks alot for this helpful thread

I don't have MEElec balanced sound eartips, just the regular one. However, they don't seen to a lot difference on the outside so I assume both should fit Tubine just fine.The balanced sound eartips look just a tiny bit smaller, so maybe you will want to try it out first.

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #189 of 404
Jul 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #190 of 404
They both should fit Turbine. The included tri-flanges are not the same as the one from Monster. Basically they are smaller / shorter. I don't like them much and usually prefer the bi-flanges.

Quote:
http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset5-m11cl-mee.htm

will all those fit the turbines? It looks like a better deal, and I really want to try out their tri flange as well, are those basically like the factory tips from monster? or better

would these fit as well?

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11+cl-mee.htm

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #193 of 404

Quote:
are you adding the ety's "mushrooms" ?

I have them, but doesn't find them great enough to pay attention to. May be some other time.

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #194 of 404
There are some unmenntioned small olives available from Sennheiser, included with IE series. Better than other olives for the deep fit for my ears - as long as they stay on the IEMs.
Material seems similar to small Shure's (slightly harder), but the nozzle end is wider, they're slightly shorter, far slimmer and end flat instead of tapered ball.

I can't find them available separately and don't know the part number for direct order. I'd like to have some spares just in case. Any help?
Edit: never mind, found the right thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/408541/how-to-buy-senn-ie8-replacement-tips
However, a pic of those would be useful, they're quite different. Biflanges too are different, not tapered.

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #195 of 404

Quote:
There are some unmenntioned small olives available from Sennheiser, included with IE series. Better than other olives for the deep fit for my ears - as long as they stay on the IEMs.
Material seems similar to small Shure's (slightly harder), but the nozzle end is wider, they're slightly shorter, far slimmer and end flat instead of tapered ball.

I can't find them available separately and don't know the part number for direct order. I'd like to have some spares just in case. Any help?
Edit: never mind, found the right thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/408541/how-to-buy-senn-ie8-replacement-tips
However, a pic of those would be useful, they're quite different. Biflanges too are different, not tapered.

IIRC, those foam tips included by IE series are very similar to those come with most Chinese IEM. I don't own any of the IE series, so no pictures from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back