Futuresonics Atrio's
Apr 13, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #16 of 31
Atrios have great bass. You could look into the IE7s for a little bit more than the Atrios which will excellent as well.

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cactus_farmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No filter, eh?

So is there meant to be nothing in between your ears and the driver in this earphone? No filters, no wax-guards, no protective metal screens, no dampers, or anything? If anyone can look down the nozzle and tell me would be much appreciated...

you're pretty paranoid in terms of the drivers of any headphone you own getting damaged aren't ya?

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #18 of 31
It comes with a cleaning tool.

My UE-11 which costs 6-7 times more than my Atrio does not have any filters either.

Just clean the nozzle if needed.

Quote:

No filter, eh?

So is there meant to be nothing in between your ears and the driver in this earphone? No filters, no wax-guards, no protective metal screens, no dampers, or anything? If anyone can look down the nozzle and tell me would be much appreciated...

Apr 13, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

No filter, eh?

Very hard to look at it but seems like there is nothing between the drivers and your ear. But I think it isn't going to be a problem.

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #20 of 31
I have a pair of Atrios and I also have all the other top models from the other earphones brands. 

I love the Atrios for the bass and the all around sound. I have the Shure 530 and 535, Westone 2 and 3, Ultimate ears 5EB. If I had to chose one I will go for the Atrios. 

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #21 of 31

Quote:
cactus_farmer-
The bass is tied for the best I've ever heard from an IEM. The only one that matches it is the IE8, and it's 2-3X the price. The only IEM that I haven't heard that could be near the same league is the Shure 5XX series. But, I've read that the IE8 is handily better in the lows. I've heard the Super.Fi 5 EB, and it didn't match the Atrio either. What else are you considering?

Hello there the UE 5eb is very nice and cheap. The Atrios have awesome bass and the all around sound you can listen for hrs but the fit is at times not tightly sealed. Shure 530 were very nice and they had good bass but the Shure 535 seems to have less bass but well I only had them for less than a week. The Westones 2 and 3 are nice but very similar to the Shure's but with a bit more bass but less acurrate.

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #22 of 31
I have the Atrios also with the new MG7 driver. I have the Phonak Perfect Bass and the Audio Technica CK7 but the Atrios trump both of them. With the Perfect Bass you hear the bass but with the Atrios you feel the bass. The Atrios are most engaging and fun earphones i've ever had. The bass is really something special on the Atrios.

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #23 of 31

Quote:
I have the Atrios also with the new MG7 driver. I have the Phonak Perfect Bass and the Audio Technica CK7 but the Atrios trump both of them. With the Perfect Bass you hear the bass but with the Atrios you feel the bass. The Atrios are most engaging and fun earphones i've ever had. The bass is really something special on the Atrios.

Kool to know. MY question is about the new Atrios (MG7). Do they sound different than the older Atrio's? In what way? I also use the D2 and D2+. I like the power, sound, EQ, memory and the price on them. Boris

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #24 of 31

Quote:
Kool to know. MY question is about the new Atrios (MG7). Do they sound different than the older Atrio's? In what way? I also use the D2 and D2+. I like the power, sound, EQ, memory and the price on them. Boris

I have both a new and old pair of Atrios, and a Cowon D2.  I'm almost done breaking in my mg7's, and I'll let you guys know what I think in a few days.

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #25 of 31

Quote:

To my ears, the MG7 Atrios had a more prominent treble, bring it in better balance with mids and bass. Also, the bass is punchier. There should be some build quality improvements, too.

Mar 22, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #26 of 31

Quote:
To my ears, the MG7 Atrios had a more prominent treble, bring it in better balance with mids and bass. Also, the bass is punchier. There should be some build quality improvements, too.

Build quality is very similar, virtually identical.  The cables are slightly stiffer on my older Atrios, but that could be due to age (I actually prefer the stiffer cable and hope these stiffen slightly).  The strain relief is perhaps more robust-feeling on the newer model.  The build differences could not be captured with a camera.

More to come on the sound, although I imagine Kunlun is right.

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #27 of 31
I love my Atrios for the past 2 years. My main issues with all earphones have been the cables becoming loose due to I have to walk over 2 hrs everyday and I have been putting my mp3 player into my pocket. All my earphones have had an issue with loose wiring. For this reason and other I just bought the Shure 535. They have crazy strong cables but I am finding the sound coming from the 535 not as good as the 530. My favorite earphones of now are the Atrios for the bass and fun and the 530 for the clarity and acurrate sounds.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #28 of 31
I should have bought the new Atrios instead of another Shure. Bass is awesome on the Atrios and the mids and highs are above average.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #29 of 31

Quote:

Kool, I am in Hong Kong and lucky for me Atrios are being sold near by. I will go on Friday and buy myself a pair and this is only days after I bought the very expensive Shure 535!

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #30 of 31
I received my Atrio with the MG7 driver yesterday. I agree it does sound pretty balanced overall.

Out of the box the bass is impressive. It is clean, impactful and seems to effortlessly reach the lowest notes. It doesn't have the same subwoofer-esque (some may say bloated) bass of the W3 or IE8 with the dial maxed out, but this is not always desirable and is probably a result of the mid-bass hump these 2 IEMs have.

My Monster MDs also purchased this week must be faulty considering the bass on them is non-existant compared to any of my other IEMs, yet in Joker's IEM review thread he states the bass on the MD is only trumped by the Atrio or IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back