Futuresonics Atrios re-wire
Sep 12, 2011 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

twiztedjoker

New Head-Fier
Hi i'm looking to get my Futuresonics Atrios re-wired cause its been a couple of years or so and the wire is annoying the hell outta me. I'm just curious if anyone has done this before, and if I should look out for anything important if I do end up carrying out this project.

My main issue is with the shell of the IEM itself...how in the world do you open this thing without smashing it into bits?

Also, recommendations for a decent wire without destroying my wallet...say ~50 bucks? would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 26
You can pick up a pair of new Atrio X right now at J&R for $50 actually.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 26
For some reason I seem to see them as $79.99. Also I come from Singapore, I don't think JR.com ships here? I'd seriously consider forking out $50 for the Atrio X though...correct me if i'm wrong but they have the same drivers as my old Atrios? I was looking at Audeo Phonak's Perfect Fit earphones as an alternative if I can ever get a good deal on them though.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:
Thats the MG5 aka V2 not the newest model but damn for 50 bucks thats a hell of a deal really

The only time that would matter is if the OP's M5s are the ones with the MG7.  I'd assume if they had owned them for a while they could be the originals, in which case the X's should sound the same since they use the same driver as the old M5s.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #6 of 26

Quote:
For some reason I seem to see them as $79.99. Also I come from Singapore, I don't think JR.com ships here? I'd seriously consider forking out $50 for the Atrio X though...correct me if i'm wrong but they have the same drivers as my old Atrios? I was looking at Audeo Phonak's Perfect Fit earphones as an alternative if I can ever get a good deal on them though.

That's because the sale was just ended.

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 26
I believe they're the original model. They seem to be working just fine and the more I think about it...Wouldn't it make more sense to get an inexpensive wire that isn't as annoying as this one? Not to mention my jack has been replaced by a cheap $1 plug the stock one died long ago haha.

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #8 of 26
Since you are in Singapore, there easiest thing to do is to visit hardwareezone's forum and ask DIY'er there for help, Maybe offer them a small fee.

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #9 of 26
Is 30 bucks( ~25 usd?) to re-wire an IEM reasonable?

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #10 of 26
Sep 13, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #11 of 26
Alright then thanks for your help fellas :wink:

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #12 of 26

Quote:
Alright then thanks for your help fellas
wink.gif

If you contact Futuresonics, they'll give you half off a new Atrio with a new cable and the upgraded mg7 driver for half off.

It's something they do for old customers who'd like to upgrade.

Just an option.

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #13 of 26
Did you have to buy the first ones directly from Futuresonics to get this deal?

Quote:
If you contact Futuresonics, they'll give you half off a new Atrio with a new cable and the upgraded mg7 driver for half off.

It's something they do for old customers who'd like to upgrade.

Just an option.

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #15 of 26
It helps.

Wait so is that a yes or a no? Looks like a maybe to me haha :D

What are the main differences between the old drivers and the new ones? I know the new drivers are supposedly better and are said to possess better treble and (clarity?) from what I remember... but to what extent?

Also, do I have to send in my current pair or something? or do I get to keep them and pay 90 odd bucks for the new ones hehe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back