Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Jun 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #1,111 of 1,216
Burn in didn't help in my case. The Atrios are not sibilant for me, but the peak in the upper midrange makes them sound harsh. Although I love the subbass, they're too fatuiging for me.

Well its definitely not for everyone that's for sure for me i just got used to it, why cuz there nothing and i mean nothing that can match the sub bass of these so i just had to sacrifice nutralness for that bass

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,113 of 1,216
Quote:
Mmm the bass is very good but shame about the mids and soundstage.

i like the mids apart from the harshness from the the soundstage is not a problem cuz i have the custem sleeves which improves the sounsatge its now acceptable

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #1,115 of 1,216
Quote:
Can anyone verify that the coupon code is no longer working?

I can't seem to get it to work on the atrio.me website any more...

Yes it works. It's CostProg50%, in case you're mistyping it. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #1,117 of 1,216
I am fairly new to better quality headphones, and after graduating from skullcandy, I currently own a Shure SE315 for about a year now. I was absolutely satisfied with them until recently when I tried my friends' Bose QuietComfort 15, and realized I need more distinctive bass. I searched the internet like an obsessed man, and decided that I am most interested in Future Sonics Atrio MG7.

Here is my question: it looks like several people are recommending Shure tips for Atrio MG7 for better isolation. Does that mean that if I remove the tip from my Shure SE315, will they fit perfectly on Atrio MG7? Also, isolation is very important for me, and I am quite satisfied with the isolation offered by my Shure SE315. If I use the same tips for Atrio MG7, how will the isolation compare to SE315? Thanks guys!! 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #1,118 of 1,216
Quote:
I am fairly new to better quality headphones, and after graduating from skullcandy, I currently own a Shure SE315 for about a year now. I was absolutely satisfied with them until recently when I tried my friends' Bose QuietComfort 15, and realized I need more distinctive bass. I searched the internet like an obsessed man, and decided that I am most interested in Future Sonics Atrio MG7.

Here is my question: it looks like several people are recommending Shure tips for Atrio MG7 for better isolation. Does that mean that if I remove the tip from my Shure SE315, will they fit perfectly on Atrio MG7? Also, isolation is very important for me, and I am quite satisfied with the isolation offered by my Shure SE315. If I use the same tips for Atrio MG7, how will the isolation compare to SE315? Thanks guys!! 
ksc75smile.gif

yes they will fit but they wont have the same isolation as the shures have and over the ear desighn and the atios have a more normal deshigh reulting in a worse isolation, the atrios isolation is not bad its just not better mabey a little worse

(i have owned shure se 115)

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #1,119 of 1,216

ksc75smile.gif

Try the Atrio tips first. I really like them, personally -- and yes, I also have the Shure "olives" (black foam tips). The only problem with the Atrio tips is that they can easily create a vacuum seal, which isn't uncomfortable but presents the "slight" inconvenient of preventing the driver from moving -- i.e. it suddenly seems the earphone broke, which isn't the case at all. Another piece of advice: If you want to hear some highs, then some burn-in is necessary. I hadn't ever found burn-in necessary until I got the Atrios.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #1,120 of 1,216
has anyone ordered recently with atrio.me?

I used the promo code july 12th for a pair of MG5/MG7 after reading all the reviews :D
but my order is still awaiting fullfillment and nobody replies at atrio.me yet

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #1,121 of 1,216
Quote:
has anyone ordered recently with atrio.me?

I used the promo code july 12th for a pair of MG5/MG7 after reading all the reviews :D
but my order is still awaiting fullfillment and nobody replies at atrio.me yet

I've sent them a message regarding the black ones being out of stock, but I did not receive a reply either. Are they still in business?

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #1,122 of 1,216
After calling Future Sonics, they sent an email to atrio.me so i can get an update.

here is what i know:
atrio.me is waiting for a new shipment. Eventhough the one I ordered (BLUE) is available on the website it is in fact out of stock.
They told me they will receive a new shipment next tuesday or wednesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back