Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Apr 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #1,096 of 1,216
Is there actually any headphones under £200 with bass as good as these? These have the best bass I have heard in IEM.

BTW anyone who has these try using some Shure grey flex sleves... Makes them sound much better than the stock tips I think.

May 20, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #1,099 of 1,216
sorry was going to bump the -
anyone can compare it to the monster turbine pro gold? i'm contemplating these 2 and not sure which to choose

people say the mg7 is quite V shaped, how does that compare with the monster - is the monster V shaped too?

May 31, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #1,100 of 1,216
I auditioned the Monster years ago and remember I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the Atrio.

The Atrio is not V shaped at all. I find it very nicely balanced (not "neutral"), very lively and the timbre is amazingly realistic!!

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #1,102 of 1,216
Quote:
I auditioned the Monster years ago and remember I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the Atrio.

The Atrio is not V shaped at all. I find it very nicely balanced (not "neutral"), very lively and the timbre is amazingly realistic!!

Well they have exagerated bass and treble and a recessed midrange... Looks like  "V" shape to me.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #1,104 of 1,216
Soundsig is more of a U subbass is strong while midbass and mids are balanced there are a few peaks at upper mid range area make the teble sound very strong 3 to 8 kHz is slightly coulered and more percent making the U shape treble extention on the other hand is modestly good mabey 16 to 17 kHz

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #1,105 of 1,216
Quote:
Soundsig is more of a U subbass is strong while midbass and mids are balanced there are a few peaks at upper mid range area make the teble sound very strong 3 to 8 kHz is slightly coulered and more percent making the U shape treble extention on the other hand is modestly good mabey 16 to 17 kHz

Peaks between 3 and 5.5kHz make the treble harsh, fatiguing and cheap.  Do these really have one or more treble peaks in this region?

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #1,107 of 1,216
Peaks between 3 and 5.5kHz make the treble harsh, fatiguing and cheap.  Do these really have one or more treble peaks in this region?

Without a burn yes harsh very harsh after at least 30 hours then it becomes very plesent and manageable but still noticeable but after a while your ears get used to it and then it's a delight, the peek is mostly around 3khz nothing an eq can't fix, 2 to 3 db less and sounds a world better

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #1,108 of 1,216
what tips would be recommended for them ?

i use the med bi flange with shallow insertion.. and effectively only the contact point of the ear tip is in contact with my ear , its not even "inserted"

anyone facing this issue in order to get a good fit?

a deep insertion would cause driver flex and kill off the sound or make it incredibly low volume

i tried shure grey flex and same issue..

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #1,109 of 1,216
They are quite fatiguing to listen to I think because of the sound signature of slightly peaky / bright treble combined with uber bass... Good sound though as long as you are not bothered about having a small soundstage

Jun 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,110 of 1,216
Quote:
Without a burn yes harsh very harsh after at least 30 hours then it becomes very plesent and manageable but still noticeable but after a while your ears get used to it and then it's a delight, the peek is mostly around 3khz nothing an eq can't fix, 2 to 3 db less and sounds a world better

Burn in didn't help in my case. The Atrios are not sibilant for me, but the peak in the upper midrange makes them sound harsh. Although I love the subbass, they're too fatuiging for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back