Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Oct 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #20 of 1,040
Hmm, what would be the use case there?

Using it with another bus or battery powered amp? Sounds a little messy for a portable.

I used my Fiio E10 like this for work (standalone) & home (w/Magni) until I got my Modi.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #22 of 1,040
Hmm, what would be the use case there?

Using it with another bus or battery powered amp? Sounds a little messy for a portable.

Admiting that this is aimed at budget minded people or people that is just starting on the hobby the ability to use only the dac part on their laptop with a external more powerfull amp would be a plus. 

Oct 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #24 of 1,040
  Will this have enough juice to power the HE-6 for a on the go solution? It looks really tiny to output ~1W at ~50ohms, but one can hope? What are the official specs, guys? 

I doubt they will release full specs until it's released, but saw somewhere else on the boards here 300mW into 32 ohms

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #26 of 1,040
Insanely excited for this. I've been around the block, starting with IEMs and graduating through portable cans into full size, but I somehow never felt compelled to get a portable amp. I do now...

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #27 of 1,040
I must admit this looks quite interesting, but I'm not sure I could find a use for it, not one that something I own could already cover.

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #28 of 1,040
I'm really interested in this as I've always wanted a Schiit product, but I mostly listen to music on the go. I'll be getting a FiiO X1, so if this has a line in as well a USB in, I would go for it in an instant. I'd use the USB in with my Chromebook, Schiit claims their DACs normally work with Chromebooks with Intel processors. Both a USB and line in would really make this a complete product. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #30 of 1,040
Everyone should hold Schiit in their hands at some point. Solid, plenty of fiber.
I'm really interested in this as I've always wanted a Schiit product, but I mostly listen to music on the go. I'll be getting a FiiO X1, so if this has a line in as well a USB in, I would go for it in an instant. I'd use the USB in with my Chromebook, Schiit claims their DACs normally work with Chromebooks with Intel processors. Both a USB and line in would really make this a complete product. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back