Fried Chicken Appreciation Thread
Apr 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MrViolin

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,
this thread is to commemorate fried chicken. Glorious. Greasy. Goodness. But most of all: crispy and tasty. I like KFC and Cane's. Haven't had Popeye's or Church's in a long while. But man, when I had that KFC back a few months ago for the first time in years, it was amazing. I'd like to know your thoughts and your kind of fried chicken 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:
Hey guys,
this thread is to commemorate fried chicken. Glorious. Greasy. Goodness. But most of all: crispy and tasty. I like KFC and Cane's. Haven't had Popeye's or Church's in a long while. But man, when I had that KFC back a few months ago for the first time in years, it was amazing. I'd like to know your thoughts and your kind of fried chicken 
bigsmile_face.gif

KFC has the most disgusting fried chicken ever!!! Too damn salty and is not crispy at all. Popeyes is where it is at, Brack people knows what's up.
biggrin.gif

San Tung makes the best fried chicken wings hands down!!!

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/san-tung-chinese-restaurant-san-francisco?select=2N9vaE9UrEfC3WL9rhZ7oA#DSJ8-h2CjW-EeotZDj0OnQ

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 11
Well this is a bit random, yes?

I just had Ezell's fried chicken for lunch about an hour ago. I'd say they make the best fried chicken from any restaurant I've been to. Crispy outside, super tender and juicy inside, not too salty. Get that with a side of their home-made mashed potatoes (which still has small chunks of unmashed potato in it), and fresh-made chewy/soft/buttery rolls and you've got yourself a heavenly meal/snack right thar. Oprah Winfrey used to specially order fried chicken from Ezell's.

I personally can't stand KFC's "original", soggy, salty, greasy so-called fried chicken. Likewise goes for Albertson's and Safeway's fried chicken.

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
KFC has the most disgusting fried chicken ever!!! Too damn salty and is not crispy at all. Popeyes is where it is at, Brack people knows what's up.
biggrin.gif

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/san-tung-chinese-restaurant-san-francisco?select=2N9vaE9UrEfC3WL9rhZ7oA#DSJ8-h2CjW-EeotZDj0OnQ

Completely forgot about fried chicken made by asian restaurants. Those are amazing :D thanks for reminding me walker. I've got a place to visit once more. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 11
I'm pretty sure thread is illegal, only Spareribs is allowed to make these
biggrin.gif
. But anyways KFC on the west coast is gross with only Church's being any lower on the totem pole. Its all about Canes and Popeyes (We have a Canes almost on campus at UNLV its by far the most popular of any food on campus).

EDIT:whoops forgot to add the emote, it was a joke

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

I just had Ezell's fried chicken for lunch about an hour ago. I'd say they make the best fried chicken from any restaurant I've been to. Crispy outside, super tender and juicy inside, not too salty. Get that with a side of their home-made mashed potatoes (which still has small chunks of unmashed potato in it), and fresh-made chewy/soft/buttery rolls and you've got yourself a heavenly meal/snack right thar. Oprah Winfrey used to specially order fried chicken from Ezell's.

I personally can't stand KFC's "original", soggy, salty, greasy so-called fried chicken. Likewise goes for Albertson's and Safeway's fried chicken.

^ Yeppp 10000000% agreed OP has bad taste in chicks.
wink_face.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
I'm pretty sure thread is illegal, only Spareribs is allowed to make these. But anyways KFC on the west coast is gross with only Church's being any lower on the totem pole. Its all about Canes and Popeyes (We have a Canes almost on campus at UNLV its by far the most popular of any food on campus).

Oh that reminds me. In before LOCK!!!

Popeyes FTW!!!

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
^ Yeppp 10000000% agreed OP has bad taste in chicks.
wink_face.gif

The one here is crispy and tender.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure thread is illegal, only Spareribs is allowed to make these. But anyways KFC on the west coast is gross with only Church's being any lower on the totem pole. Its all about Canes and Popeyes (We have a Canes almost on campus at UNLV its by far the most popular of any food on campus).

Ah, never knew that :s
Looks like I'll be hitting up Popeyes again. Yup, Cane's is great!
Quote:

I'll try Ezell's when I'm in Washington if I get the chance. Looks good. Mouth was watering when I saw it ):

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Completely forgot about fried chicken made by asian restaurants. Those are amazing :D thanks for reminding me walker. I've got a place to visit once more. 

Oh yeah, Asian chicken variants are pretty good too. My family often orders "salt and pepper fried chicken" which usually includes jalepeño peppers and/or standard "Asian" red peppers, garlic bits, and green onion. There's a tofu dish that's very similar to this too.

Something like this:

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Oh yeah, Asian chicken variants are pretty good too. My family often orders "salt and pepper fried chicken" which usually includes jalepeño peppers and/or standard "Asian" red peppers, garlic bits, and green onion. There's a tofu dish that's very similar to this too.

Something like this:

I can't Handel spicy chicken :/ but it does look quite wonderful. Wonder how salted fried chicken tastes like now that you bring it up. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #11 of 11
Looks pretty good. I like my fried chicken with macaroni and cheese and grape soda. Crown Chicken (one of my local chains) makes a nice fried chicken despite the bullet proof glass window at the counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back