Free power cord (too good to be true)?
Oct 30, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #152 of 433
seriously..... please ignore his post and don't let this thread turn into another stupid cable debate

but anyway, still no sign of second shipment T^T

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #153 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What?

Something you didn't understand? Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And you young man have pics and impressions to be aquiring your time!

Done pappy Steve.
wink.gif

[Well, the pics anyways.]

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #155 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One person's opinion. And one that I don't share at all. I hear differences in all my after market power cords. Maybe your hearing just isn't as acute as others, but I'm sure you'll Pooh Pooh that theory, as that would mean you're the defective link in your system.

Forget about the "audible difference" debate, if you are claiming after market power cords make a difference in transports that's a fairly easy claim to verify.

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #156 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. But even then, it doesn't even matter.

If a computer, which is much more complicated and uses higher frequencies in its cables, is uneffected (unaffected?) by a $13,000 power cord (let alone "dirty" power), than why would a much simpler amplifier, DAC, CD player, or whatever be? It doesn't make sense.

Not to mention PC's have been debunked though testing...

Well did they test with quality PSU's? Most computers have crap power supplies that merely do their job. Also perhaps the simpler circuitry is better benefited by such a power cable since the power in isnt being split and re distributed like a computer's power supply would.

You always want proof of the opposite camp but never seem to give your "scientific proof" other than saying oh man tests have been done. What school does your tests or is it some guy in his moms basement who cant actually afford the cables who says my sound is the best it will ever be. Until i see a test proving cables make no difference by MIT I will give nice cables the benefit of the doubt.

Another thing you can't possibly tell me $4.98 rca cables by Magnavox are better than $30 ones made by Dayton, build quality aside there is a difference in sound. Less distortion, richer bass I don't see how that isn't apparent. Only time these high end cables don't make a difference in sound or video quality is digital, and that is because of the absence of signal degradation over short distances. It is sending binary code and your source and decoder will be the weakest links in a digital chain. Only plus with those is build quality.

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #158 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well did they test with quality PSU's? Most computers have crap power supplies that merely do their job. Also perhaps the simpler circuitry is better benefited by such a power cable since the power in isnt being split and re distributed like a computer's power supply would.

You've got a real point there gritzcolin. The thing with computers is that they operate completely in the digital domain; all zeroes and ones. Which means that the "analog" squarewaves representing those bits can be really, REALLY crappy... since nothing between 1 and 0 is extracted, computers can get away with that. This is the reason why shoving an audio card into a PCI slot on the mobo is not a very good idea.

Now we move to high end (headphone or speaker) equipment. Aside from a source (or external DAC), everything is in the analog domain - now every last bit (pun unintended, I swear!) of interference matters, because the signal waveform is a superposition of ALL audio information at all frequencies.

So, I believe analog / power cables can and do make a difference, and that is why. It's for the same reason DIY-ers put their best components in the signal path.

Back on topic: I got a notice of being in the first 25 last week, but didn't get a shipping notice earlier this evening like most seemed to... I hope I haven't been overlooked!

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #160 of 433
seriously, shut up already, no one ask "does cable makes a difference, trolls please come in"
you don't need to go around and ruin every single thread that is related to cables.

but anyway, seems like VD changed their web site so the free cable offer is officially close.

and people, please take some picture of those cable when it arrive, I want to see it

I am sorry for the impolite comment, but recently events like this have occur too often, is getting really annoying

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #163 of 433
Hey, I signed up right after the original post, but never heard anything!

Is there a secret handshake that I don't know?

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #164 of 433
according to the e-mails, the prize was selected randomly out of all the registered users.

Some called and got a definite confirm that they will receive the cable, but that is a minority.

so it all comes down to luck basically

Users who are viewing this thread

Back