Free power cord (too good to be true)?
Oct 28, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #136 of 433
so is this completely closed and a done deal?
i think i missed out and wanted to give it a try, we're having our annual meet on the coming sunday...

Oct 29, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #137 of 433
Well my cable shipped today, too bad I don't get to play with it for at the most 10 days (maybe 7 I might leave early
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #138 of 433
Mine shipped today too! It will be rather novel to have an expensive piece of hardware show up at my door, without feeling that slight tinge of guilt and foreboding at my incurable upgraditis...

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #139 of 433
Howdy lucky VD cable recipients...

I'm 100% confident you will hear a difference with this cable, even if you thought you were a "skeptic".

I've heard almost every VD cord at every level-- allow me to predict in advance the differences you will hear in the approximate order you will perceive them...

--Blacker background
--A firmer, more solid sound
--Firmer, more defined bass
--Increased dynamics, better slam and heft
--Increased sense of "air", yielding a bigger soundstage
--Cleaner, more "pure" sound

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #141 of 433
Depends on what they are using. In general, those are the effects I'd predict from switching to a VD cable at that level.

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #142 of 433
Looks like I missed out on this. I for one am quite skeptical on expensive non audio transferring cables, I understand the effects of speaker cables and interconnects but power? Isn't it only as clean as what is coming from your wall?

Oct 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #143 of 433
i have noticed differences with the few power cables i have used (as well as ICs), so i am firmly in the camp of there can be and is better.

to me it is not even debatable that differences (positive differences) exist between stock cables and after market ones. the real question, i think, is at what point does diminishing returns set in to such a degree where - absent a huge budget - it just doesn't make much sense to continue up the chain.

that's what i am interested in.

Oct 29, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #144 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like I missed out on this. I for one am quite skeptical on expensive non audio transferring cables, I understand the effects of speaker cables and interconnects but power? Isn't it only as clean as what is coming from your wall?

Yes. But even then, it doesn't even matter.

If a computer, which is much more complicated and uses higher frequencies in its cables, is uneffected (unaffected?) by a $13,000 power cord (let alone "dirty" power), than why would a much simpler amplifier, DAC, CD player, or whatever be? It doesn't make sense.

Not to mention PC's have been debunked though testing...

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #146 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howdy lucky VD cable recipients...

I'm 100% confident you will hear a difference with this cable, even if you thought you were a "skeptic".

I've heard almost every VD cord at every level-- allow me to predict in advance the differences you will hear in the approximate order you will perceive them...

--Blacker background
--A firmer, more solid sound
--Firmer, more defined bass
--Increased dynamics, better slam and heft
--Increased sense of "air", yielding a bigger soundstage
--Cleaner, more "pure" sound

Thanks markl. Which of my units would you think the VD cable would have the most positive effect on...

Twisted Perar Audio Opus DAC w/Zapfilter

β22 4 channel balanced amp w/dual σ22's.

PS Audio Lambda CD transport

I got my shipping notice today as well.

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #147 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If a computer, which is much more complicated and uses higher frequencies in its cables, is uneffected (unaffected?) by a $13,000 power cord (let alone "dirty" power), than why would a much simpler amplifier, DAC, CD player, or whatever be? It doesn't make sense.

Why are you trolling this thread? It has nothing to do with what you are talking about. Get a life.

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #149 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One person's opinion. And one that I don't share at all. I hear differences in all my after market power cords. Maybe your hearing just isn't as acute as others, but I'm sure you'll Pooh Pooh that theory, as that would mean you're the defective link in your system.

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #150 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are you trolling this thread? It has nothing to do with what you are talking about. Get a life.

And you young man have pics and impressions to be aquiring your time!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back