Fostex HP-P1 vs Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo?
Jun 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #106 of 108
Thanks Rudi, and again thanks for all of your input.  For a while i got behind the times and just settled in with my HM801 and buried my head in the sand.  Gotta say though i have a strong craving for the AK120 now.  

As far as selling, i almost never sell anything i have aquired.  I research and then keep.  I may have sold two headphone accessories since my start.  I may let go of my pico amp only regular edition since i use the Pico Power mostly now too, but I have a lot of stuff over here........not as much as some people of course(no names.....aahh rudi.....:rolleyes: ).

You are welcome Dave
Old Dac like class solo original or Dac / amp like Fostex hp p1 never lost the SQ compare to latest portable Dac or Dac / Amp .
That's why many friends of mine still looking of original class solo and Fostex hp p1.
They are now making modification with their Fostex Hp P1
Sound pair with iPhone 4 S mod so incredible I love it :D

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #107 of 108
the original CLAS is exceptional.

my personal setup is:

ALO Audio RX MK2 / Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo / ALO SXC SOLO Cable Combo / ipod Touch 3g

using with Westoner W4r with BTG_Audio Upgrade Cable.

the CLAS  is exceptional. i cannot find a single thing i hate about this setup. the sound quality is Audiophile grade Period.

I am at the same impression like you , class solo original is Audiophile grade SQ :D
That's why I never sell my class solo original and my Fostex hp p1

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #108 of 108
On the same exact dilemma, going to upgrade my portable setup.
Either get fostex hp p1 and keep some green in my wallet.
Or buy CLAS + P51 Mustang(or any other suggestion for the amp?)
Had decided to go with CLAS until I found this thread. Even got another option (change my dap to HM801). Now I don't know which
Oh one question, I read about some review in previous page, that they pair their fostex with another ext amp, does this mean it can be used as dac only, bypassing its internal amp? If so, how? ( sry newb hier)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back