Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
May 28, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #1,156 of 4,780
Okay, I was half way ordering 2 interconnects from Forza website & suddenly am stucked over the USB (2nd end) selection. I just need 2 interconnects for the following purpose:

1. FAW Copper/Silver Series Lightning Digital LOD - Interconnect for Mojo w/ iPhone 6S
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=54

2. FAW Copper/Silver Series Android Digital LOD - Interconnect for Mojo w/ Laptop via USB
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=55

Anyone can help me out on the USB (2nd end) selection? :sweat_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi kokmeng

for the terminations for your interconnect cables, you'll need:
1. USB micro-B (Mojo end) - Lightning (iPhone 6S end)
2. USB micro-B (Mojo end, since you are not connecting to an Android phone, OTG is not even necessary) - USB A-type (Laptop)

Since some of these options are not listed in the drop-down boxes on the website, the easiest would be to shoot Mateusz an e-mail with your preferences. He will make the cables with the right connections for you.

hope this helps a bit
Albert

May 28, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #1,157 of 4,780
Okay, I was half way ordering 2 interconnects from Forza website & suddenly am stucked over the USB (2nd end) selection. I just need 2 interconnects for the following purpose:

1. FAW Copper/Silver Series Lightning Digital LOD - Interconnect for Mojo w/ iPhone 6S
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=54

2. FAW Copper/Silver Series Android Digital LOD - Interconnect for Mojo w/ Laptop via USB
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=55

Anyone can help me out on the USB (2nd end) selection? :sweat_smile:

Hi kokmeng

for the terminations for your interconnect cables, you'll need:
1. USB micro-B (Mojo end) - Lightning (iPhone 6S end)
2. USB micro-B (Mojo end, since you are not connecting to an Android phone, OTG is not even necessary) - USB A-type (Laptop)

Since some of these options are not listed in the drop-down boxes on the website, the easiest would be to shoot Mateusz an e-mail with your preferences. He will make the cables with the right connections for you.

hope this helps a bit
Albert

Thanks Albert. It helps a lot! Just shot Matt an e-mail too. Cheers.

May 29, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #1,158 of 4,780
Weird. I have not gotten any reply from Matt since 28 May. Possibly he is away?

May 29, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #1,160 of 4,780

Saturday and Sunday?

Thats called the weekend.

My bad. Not suppose to work on weekend. I will just wait for today/tomorrow then. :)

I am just over excited on my order I guess. :)

May 30, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #1,161 of 4,780

My bad. Not suppose to work on weekend. I will just wait for today/tomorrow then. :)

I am just over excited on my order I guess. :)

Patience will pay off in the end, Forza is not a high volume seller compared to the big brand name cables, and they probably can't respond to inquiries or ship out product as quickly either. But they absolutely more than just compete with the big boys at very reasonable prices.

I was reminded of this just this evening, making a few system changes, I moved the Claire RCA interconnect from my desktop system into my big rig. Fabulous sound.

May 31, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #1,162 of 4,780
Need an advice from anyone.
I just got used Audeze LCD-2F and looking for a replacement cable.
If you have expeirence, please advise whether the FAW Noir HPC Mk II would be a good fit to LCD-2F.
Will it be too dark and too bass heavy?

Thanks,
LT

May 31, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #1,163 of 4,780
  Need an advice from anyone.
I just got used Audeze LCD-2F and looking for a replacement cable.
If you have expeirence, please advise whether the FAW Noir HPC Mk II would be a good fit to LCD-2F.
Will it be too dark and too bass heavy?

Thanks,
LT

I have the Noir Hybrid for my LCD-2F and I love it, lightens the bass a little bit, but if you want to keep that LCD-2 sound I'm sure the Noir will be great with it. I say go for it.

May 31, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #1,164 of 4,780
May 31, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,165 of 4,780
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a custom cable for my HE400i (2.5mm) and after doing research into all available offerings, I have to say FAW tops my list in terms of apperance and value, plus Mat appears to be a nice guy. However, I need to know a few things before pulling the trigger:

1. How would the colour series compare against hifiman's stock cable in terms of sound quality and flexibility (the stock one is way too stiff for my liking)?

2. How much better is the copper claire over colour in sound quality and does it warrant the extra cost? I don't want to spend too much on a cable if it's not worth it.

Cheers

May 31, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,166 of 4,780
  Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a custom cable for my HE400i (2.5mm) and after doing research into all available offerings, I have to say FAW tops my list in terms of apperance and value, plus Mat appears to be a nice guy. However, I need to know a few things before pulling the trigger:

1. How would the colour series compare against hifiman's stock cable in terms of sound quality and flexibility (the stock one is way too stiff for my liking)?

2. How much better is the copper claire over colour in sound quality and does it warrant the extra cost? I don't want to spend too much on a cable if it's not worth it.

Cheers

1. The cable's nice and soft, it's flexible and doesn't have any of the annoying qualities of the stock one.

2. That's debatable I guess, I personally did not buy the cable expecting an improvement in SQ (hence I bought the colour series and not the HPC Noir). I am sure it does not sound worse than the stock though, so take that as you will.

May 31, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,168 of 4,780
I am splashing out on a lovely cable if it's as good as stock in SQ then I am happy. Anything else is a bonus for my ETHERS. I just hope the Polish post men have fast bikes.... I just forgot to order the CNC splitter with the cogs 8^(..

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #1,169 of 4,780
Just got myself a FAW Copper Series ICL the delivery was quick even though I opted for the "snail" mail approach.
Really loving the build quality. The cable is a lot more supple than my other interconnects and this to me is a HUGE plus point. It makes certain connections less strenuous.
Thanks Forza and thank you Matt for your excellent workmanship.
Looking forward to newer purchases in future.

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #1,170 of 4,780
another masterpiece!
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back