Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
May 7, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #1,141 of 4,778
any advice on viablue or furutech 6.3 mm jack on sonic quality and durability for FAW Noir HPC Mk2?
Thanks.

May 7, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,142 of 4,778
any advice on viablue or furutech 6.3 mm jack on sonic quality and durability for FAW Noir HPC Mk2?
Thanks.

I just went with the Furutech because it is so beefy and well constructed. I don't think there is any sonic difference at all.

May 7, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #1,144 of 4,778
I received my Hybrid cable for ciem as well.

May 10, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #1,146 of 4,778
Pm'd and emailed Matez about a cable, yet no response in 5 days. Is there suggestions which cable suits
He-560 best? Most of all I don't like the stiffness of the original cable, sonical improvements are bonus :wink:

May 13, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,148 of 4,778
Just got my hybrid iem cable, can't comment on the sound yet, but in boxing it was awesome. It comes in a big cardboard box with "FORZA audio works on it ", open it and you get a pouch nested on what looks like hay( I was like what? Why is there hay). In the pouch is a name and warranty card as well as the cable. The cable itself is beautifully braided, supple and the copper silver wires look sick. The mmcx connectors are pretty tight compared to the ones that come on stock cables , you can't really swivel the iem at the joint which could be a good or bad thing. Just really amazed at the amount of work that went into the packing of the cable and it really makes you feel like you bought a premium product. Comments about sound to follow

May 13, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,149 of 4,778
Here at FAW we care about your well being as well, so during the harsh winter time just use the supplied wood chips and cardboard box to start a fire and keep yourself warm. Frozen customer is not our favorite type of customer 
biggrin.gif

MMCX connectors come with gasket which makes them more durable, stable and less prone to cutting the signal off. As we all know MMCX was designed for purely industrial usage and it is not perfect for using in earphones and headphones :wink:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
May 13, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,150 of 4,778
wow! your cable looks beautiful. Mine (Noir HPC Mk2) is on the way. can't wait to see and hear it.

May 13, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #1,151 of 4,778
After using the cable for about 12 hours, I am really impressed with both the comfort and sound of the cable. My thoughts as follows, they might be kind of jumbled up so sorry if it's hard to read.
Comfort/Erganomics
-The L shaped MMCX connector is actually genius and makes the cable easier to loop around my ear.
-This is my first flat braid cable and I am loving the way it looks, however It might take a little getting used to because it isn't as flexible in all directions as a round braid is, but I would still pick flat braid because of the looks. It coils wonderfully in one direction if anyone is worried about not being able to keep it in a Pelican 1010 case.
- The cable isn't that heavy in comparison to the HUM CX-1 or the BTG starlight cables which makes it more comfortable for on the go use.

Sound, this is in comparison to the CX-1 cable which is stock on the HUM Pristine, it is a 4 core copper litz cable.
-instrument separation is fantastic
-Soundstage feels further but narrower, this is a good thing for me as the HUM P has a huge horizontal soundstage but not so much a vertical one, something that many Iems also have.
-bass is really tight
-overall sound feels a tingle warmer, not really a warm cable but neither is it bright.

I love my new cable in all ways and it goes pretty well with my iem. I would recommend the hybrid series to anyone with a neutral to bright iem looking for a fun yet resolving cable.

Lastly thank you Matez for the cable and his amazing customer service. I sent him like 8 emails before I bought the cable asking him about the various options available to me etc and he usually replied within 3 hours or so. More than that, I changed my plug from 3.5mm to 2.5bal the day before he was going to ship it and he happily changed it for me with the cable still arriving in 2 weeks after( I ordered on the 29th of April, came on the morning of 12th May).

May 19, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #1,153 of 4,778
I just got the Noir HPC Mk2 for my Alpha Dog today. At first sight, the cable is beautiful and looks very solid. The Furutech connector is very sturdy and heavy (and beautiful). Initially I was thinking about either Viablue or Furutech and finally decided for Furutech. In terms of sound quality, the cable sounds better than the stock cable from the start without burning in. I feel that the sound is smoother. The midrange is sweeter and it makes me easier to follow the lyrics of the songs. The details are also better as well as instrument separation. Furthermore, it makes me turn the volume up even more than before. It might be that the sound is smoother. Overall, I am happy with the cable. Thank you, Matthew!  

May 28, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #1,155 of 4,778
Okay, I was half way ordering 2 interconnects from Forza website & suddenly am stucked over the USB (2nd end) selection. I just need 2 interconnects for the following purpose:

1. FAW Copper/Silver Series Lightning Digital LOD - Interconnect for Mojo w/ iPhone 6S
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=54

2. FAW Copper/Silver Series Android Digital LOD - Interconnect for Mojo w/ Laptop via USB
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=55

Anyone can help me out on the USB (2nd end) selection? :sweat_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back