Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #4,726 of 4,764
All cables from FAW has been a success for me on Hifimans, as my only experience. Beats every stock cables I have had. AryaV2 HE1000 Stealth and Susvara. Not to mention the cheap ones though, not worth it as they come with very bad cables imo(Sundara/HE400SE)

I sometime also prefer cables that are cheaper when it comes to interconnect or power cable. It is all preference.

--

Periapt looks very much like Hart cables. Same owner?
I honestly couldn't say. I saw Zeos using them on his YT channel and imported a couple to the UK.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #4,727 of 4,764
I honestly couldn't say. I saw Zeos using them on his YT channel and imported a couple to the UK.
But on the quality page it says shielded though. Never a good idea for headphone cables afaik? - Antenna

Tell me I am wrong and the headphone cables are not shielded please? :sweat_smile:

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #4,728 of 4,764
Periapt is a well known brand, so I am surprised you haven't heard of them.
Not fighting, but I've been at this a long while, and I have never heard of Periapt either. Just checked out their website, and they bill themselves as "mid-fi" cable for a good price. I guess there is a market for that, but I question how "well known" they are.

Apr 2, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #4,729 of 4,764
All cables from FAW has been a success for me on Hifimans, as my only experience. Beats every stock cables I have had. AryaV2 HE1000 Stealth and Susvara. Not to mention the cheap ones though, not worth it as they come with very bad cables imo(Sundara/HE400SE)

I sometime also prefer cables that are cheaper when it comes to interconnect or power cable. It is all preference.

--

Periapt looks very much like Hart cables. Same owner?

--

I just looked at the official website. The Periapt are shielded, is that serious? :sweat_smile:
Periapt is a good quality budget cable. Used to see them on Drop.com from time to time.

I like my Forza NOIR hybrid for Focal Clear MG. It’s a good quality cable at a fair price.

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #4,730 of 4,764
Hi all. I'm looking at a Forza Noir cable for Focal Stellia. I had a Noir for Utopia (before I sold the hp), and the material was incredibly soft. Sound quality great also.

I'm wondering how quiet this cable is for closed-backs (for microphonics). The Stellia is very prone to microphonics from cables, so any movement is super loud inside the cups.

I'm just looking for the quietest possible cable I could use. I'm assuming Forza Noir would be ideal, but I really don't know. Does anyone have advice? Thanks

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #4,731 of 4,764
Hi all. I'm looking at a Forza Noir cable for Focal Stellia. I had a Noir for Utopia (before I sold the hp), and the material was incredibly soft. Sound quality great also.

I'm wondering how quiet this cable is for closed-backs (for microphonics). The Stellia is very prone to microphonics from cables, so any movement is super loud inside the cups.

I'm just looking for the quietest possible cable I could use. I'm assuming Forza Noir would be ideal, but I really don't know. Does anyone have advice? Thanks
The quietest and softest. Very comfortable

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #4,732 of 4,764
The quietest and softest. Very comfortable
It seems like the best, I've been digging through the forums!

Next dilemma is Noir Mk2 vs Hybrid... I had the Mk2 for Utopia and really enjoyed it, lots of air vs. the stock cable, and improved treble (less metallic timbre). But most people are getting Hybrid for Stellia (from what I've seen).

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #4,734 of 4,764
If you enjoyed the MK2 do not change, the Hybrid will not bring anything better for the Utopia which is already shining enough in the treble region, IMHO.
Thanks. I've gone with MK2, it'll be a huge upgrade from the stock cable either way though. The MK2 was a big upgrade for Utopia.

Copper vs silver is (sort of) an illusion - it's all down to overall resistance (silver is lower resistance per gauge/cable length). So a high enough gauge copper will be so close to silver. I'm sure the Hybrid is slightly above the mk2, but for Stellia that could be overly harsh treble.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #4,735 of 4,764
I’ll post more detailed impressions and a couple of pictures in due course but there’s no need to delay in saying how pleased I am with my new Noir HPC Mk2. The most sincere compliment I can pay them is that within a couple of days I stopped trying to analyze every detail and just sat back and enjoyed my music.

My wife, who graciously tolerates but is somewhat bewildered by by audiophile obsessions noticed the beautiful cable and asked “Oh. Is that new?” “Only the cables. The headphones are the same.” “Hm… pretty sexy.” 😆

Matt was a pleasure to deal with.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #4,736 of 4,764
I’ll post more detailed impressions and a couple of pictures in due course but there’s no need to delay in saying how pleased I am with my new Noir HPC Mk2. The most sincere compliment I can pay them is that within a couple of days I stopped trying to analyze every detail and just sat back and enjoyed my music.

My wife, who graciously tolerates but is somewhat bewildered by by audiophile obsessions noticed the beautiful cable and asked “Oh. Is that new?” “Only the cables. The headphones are the same.” “Hm… pretty sexy.” 😆

Matt was a pleasure to deal with.

Happy wife, happy life. Celebrate Forza cables, lets listen. :L3000:

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #4,737 of 4,764
How long does it take now to get cables shipped out? :)

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #4,738 of 4,764
How long does it take now to get cables shipped out? :)
I ordered mine on Tuesday, and Matt emailed saying it'll be shipped Wednesday/Thursday next week. So roughly a week for me, pretty good!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #4,739 of 4,764
I ordered mine on Tuesday, and Matt emailed saying it'll be shipped Wednesday/Thursday. So roughly a week for me, pretty good!
Yeah I think it also depends on the which cables. My COAX and USB was also around a week. I would say 1-2 weeks in general for headphone cables. I have ordered around 5 cables and only one of them was more than 2 weeks...that was lockdown/corona. So pretty fast taking into consideration the cables are fresh made.

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #4,740 of 4,764
Yes, about one week shipping after the order for extenders too.

I have just received my Noir Mk2 Extender.
It looks very well made, strong and with a very supple cable.
It matches perfectly with my new Dan Clark Audio E3 headphone.

IMG_7215.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back