Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 14, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #272 of 4,780
Don't think it is on the website, but I haven't checked that closely. Send them an email, they have been quick to answer.

I might do that, thanks.

Apr 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #273 of 4,780
Thanks for the info, very nice to know. Is the Noir Hybrid on the website? I don't see it. What does it do that particularly suits dark headphones?

It suits darker headphones due to the silver in it. Silver tends to make headphones a little bit more open, more clear, more sparkly :)

Apr 14, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #274 of 4,780
It suits darker headphones due to the silver in it. Silver tends to make headphones a little bit more open, more clear, more sparkly :)

That's what I feared would be the case. I quite like my dark 650's. Thanks for the info.

Apr 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #275 of 4,780
T
That's what I feared would be the case. I quite like my dark 650's. Thanks for the info.

Shouldn't change them too much. Just a bit more detail, sparkle and overall clarity.

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #276 of 4,780

Does anyone know how the FAW Color series compares to the LCD2 stock cables in terms of SQ?

I'd like to know the same as compared to the HD650 stock cable. Anyone?

Ok, I have to admit it, I'm a cable skeptic since I've never had the opportunity to hear expensive cables. Can we take the lack of response regarding the FAW Color series vs stock cable SQ debate as an indication that they don't make much of a difference?

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #277 of 4,780
I wouldn't expect the "Color" range to exceed the quality of a stock cable. It should at least look better ad be better built.

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #278 of 4,780
So you would guess that the Copper series would be the minimum quality required to notice significant improvements to SQ? Does the SQ improvements basically come down to shielding from EM waves and material (i.e. copper vs silver)?

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #281 of 4,780
  So you would guess that the Copper series would be the minimum quality required to notice significant improvements to SQ? Does the SQ improvements basically come down to shielding from EM waves and material (i.e. copper vs silver)?

I wouldn't say there's a noticable change in SQ. If there's even any change at all, it would be very, very subtle. But the build quality on Copper Series is fantastic.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #282 of 4,780
Only discovered this thread now
redface.gif

The only difference between the Claire and the Copper series is the 8 strands vs 4 strands? For the rest it's the same cable?
Then what's the difference between the Claire and the Noir as they both use 8 x 1,5mm strands, FAW OCC Cryo 7N copper wire

I'm a bit lost, I'd appreciate if someone could explain

thanks

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #283 of 4,780
  I wouldn't say there's a noticable change in SQ. If there's even any change at all, it would be very, very subtle. But the build quality on Copper Series is fantastic.

In terms of build quality, I'm guessing the stock is also unlikely to break or degrade? Or are you referring more to the aesthetics?

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #284 of 4,780
  Only discovered this thread now
redface.gif

The only difference between the Claire and the Copper series is the 8 strands vs 4 strands? For the rest it's the same cable?
Then what's the difference between the Claire and the Noir as they both use 8 x 1,5mm strands, FAW OCC Cryo 7N copper wire

I'm a bit lost, I'd appreciate if someone could explain

thanks

Maybe this?:

"EMI reducing braid and PE insulated wire with high strand count - 60 per single wire"

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #285 of 4,780
still waiting my color series cable, it's really far from Poland to malaysia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back