forum problem?
Apr 7, 2009 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Hayduke

1000+ Head-Fier
I wasn't sure where else to post this, but I'm having a problem with the forums recently. There are now threads that I cannot view the last pages of. For example, the post your photography thread continues to grow (I see more page numbers and it shows up bold on my subscription list), but I can only see page 298. I thought maybe it was just this thread, but I just noticed the HD-800 thread is doing it too
frown.gif

Anyone else experience this? Any solution?

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 9
Hayduke, those last pages you can't get to are secret pages that only members of the Knights Templar can see.

wink.gif

Actually, as krmathis said, it's a known problem. I've submitted the question to the support forum of vBulletin, and hope to have an answer/fix soon.

Just know that everyone can see the true last pages of these threads--the indication that there are more pages are essentially just links to phantom pages that don't exist, and so simply take you back to the actual last page in the thread.

The weird bit is that Admins and Super Moderators do not see this problem--the pagination is working properly for us. Any other usergroup other than Admin and Super Moderator is affected by this problem. (It could be that all Admins and Super Moderators are Knights Templar.
wink.gif
)

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 9
Then why are there more page numbers on the list and the thread keeps getting flagged as having new posts on my subscription page?

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then why are there more page numbers on the list and the thread keeps getting flagged as having new posts on my subscription page?

I'm sorry, man, I wasn't clear. Let me try again:

As of 2009-04-07 1655 EDT, the photography thread in question has 298 pages. You are probably seeing that there are 301 pages. If you click on 299, 300, or 301, it takes you back to 298. There actually are only 298 pages. 299, 300 and 301 do not yet exist. 298 is the actual last page (as of the aforementioned time/date).

And this is the problem that I'm trying to figure out and fix.

Again, it's affecting everyone except Super Moderators and Admins, who are only seeing 298 pages in that page-count row.

Apr 7, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 9
I posted another photo on the photo thread to see what would happen. I can see it, so you're right that I am indeed seeing the latest posts. That makes me feel better
smily_headphones1.gif

No worries though Jude. I appreciate the responses and I know you'll get it all sorted out soon enough. I suspect the downtime a few minutes ago was related to this.

I know the solution. You can make me a super admin!
biggrin.gif

hehe good luck figuring this out. Any other vbulletin users reporting the problem?

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks Jude,
For letting us know you're aware of the problem, and taking measures to fix it.
smile.gif

May 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #8 of 9
Any news about fixing this glitch?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back