img2732pf1.jpg

Let cool and break up into pieces
img2741hv9.jpg

Oooh, aaah, mmmm
almondbuttertoffeexq0.jpg

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 9
WOMG THAT LOOKS GOOD D:

Now you've made me hungry.

I have a blog especially for this BTW [shamelessplug]picturesofwhatiatetoday.blogspot.com[/shamelessplug]

One of the better pictures:
DSC02123.JPG

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 9
I have a lot of cooking photos online here. It's hard to take decent photos of the cooking process in a kitchen without an island cooktop. I also rarely have the time to make the final product look good. Ideally I would set up a light tent and plate it nicely. I get reasonable results in the Summer with natural light if I can use some nice tableware. Unfortunately, brown sauce on blue willow under halogen lighting just isn't all that appealing.

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bob, that pork vindaloo looks very nice. Is it hard to cook?

It's not too difficult if you are at all competent at cooking. However, Indian food like this tends to take quite a long time to prepare, and you'll need ingredients not found in a typical kitchen, like fenugreek and black mustard seeds. The recipe is from a book at home, but I'll see if I can dig up a copy online.

Edit: http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/534185

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 9
That just makes me hungry early in the morning..

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not too difficult if you are at all competent at cooking. However, Indian food like this tends to take quite a long time to prepare, and you'll need ingredients not found in a typical kitchen, like fenugreek and black mustard seeds. The recipe is from a book at home, but I'll see if I can dig up a copy online.

Edit: Goan-style hot and sour pork: Recipes: UKTV Food

Thanks for that. Although as you said, the ingredients will be alien for me (heck, I am not even very familiar with common ones).
Fenugreek... hmm... sounds like you just insulted a greek...
'Hey, Fen u too!'
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back