Foldable Headphones Recommendations
Aug 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

alpha10

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I already have some excellent headphones for home use, the Denon AH-D2000, but I'm looking for something smaller, foldable, easy to carry and I prefer closed, so I don't bother others.
I've listened to Sony MDR-V55, which are pretty good for the price, I also looked into AKG K451 which get good reviews, but I can't find them anywhere in Copenhagen, I would prefer to listen to them first.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Price around 100-150 Euro
Source iPod Touch 4G (lossless)
Music preferences, mostly pop, some jazz and some classical, the sound of the AH-D2000 in a portable form would be perfect :)

Thanks a lot... :)

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 28
The ultimate folding phones are the PX series...
tongue.gif
Not what you're looking for I'd wager.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 28
Porta pro's? I've seen people put closed earpads on 'em.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 28
Sounds like you're looking for a compact portable.  This will probably help:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/614729/compact-portable-headphone-roundup-16-phones-including-portapro-px-100-ii-v-jays-tracks-k430-and-more

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 28
Don't know how small you need them to fold. I love my AT ESW10JPN. They fold flat. There are several AudioTechnica models at several price points with similar folding, closed, on ear frames.

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #12 of 28
Aug 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #13 of 28
I heard the B&W P3 the other day, design and build quality is great, but the sound way too dark, what are they thinking? If I remove the pads the sound improves and treble returns, but that's not a good solution. The P5 sound much better, but they are too expensive and not foldable.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #14 of 28
Noontec Zoro is a nice price conscious choice the build is a bit on the cheap side but it's weakest link the replacable cable can be be switched with a Vmoda iphone compatible cable for $20.

Vmoda M80 is another good choice, it more money but built like a tank as well as sounding very good. The signature is more mid centric though with slightly rolled of treble.

InCase has a model that is on ear (not supposed to be to good) and a model that is over ear that is supposed to sound a lot nicer. The over ear model is also supposed to be very comfortable and still portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back