Focal Utopia General Discussion
Feb 11, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #9,887 of 20,673
I'm a bit concerned, because i was contemplating adding the Focal Utopia to my lineup later this year, however if Focal is releasing a new candidate... perhaps i should wait :S

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #9,888 of 20,673
Hello Friends,
I was notified by my local retailer thats authorised to sell Focal products that Focal will be announcing a new headphone thats marked above the Utopia.
I was told it code named "Project S" so im assuming its name will start with an "S" or perhaps its a "Utopia S" ?

has anyone else heard of anything regarding this? its supposed to be announced sometime this month.

Yeah few people have mentioned that already here. Honestly if this is going to be a new flagship then I hope it will cost at least 7-8k USD so that those who bought their Utopias (esp. recently) don't feel bad for not acting on info they couldn't have predicted.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #9,889 of 20,673
Yeah few people have mentioned that already here. Honestly if this is going to be a new flagship then I hope it will cost at least 7-8k USD so that those who bought their Utopias (esp. recently) don't feel bad for not acting on info they couldn't have predicted.
thats why im hesitating. the only consolation i may have is Focal being generous and perhaps lowering the price of the Utopia a bit as to entice more people to buy it. but who knows.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #9,893 of 20,673
And also mostly all open back ..
if this new one will be closed back, i'll be surprised. i think focal would rather go open despite the Elegia.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #9,895 of 20,673
thats why im hesitating. the only consolation i may have is Focal being generous and perhaps lowering the price of the Utopia a bit as to entice more people to buy it. but who knows.
looks like you're good to go with the utopia :relaxed:

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #9,896 of 20,673
Correct! It is not above the Utopia
....j.gif
WHAT IS THE FOCAL ----- BACK FOR 200 JASON? LOL HAHAHA JEOPARDY

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #9,897 of 20,673
Man, what a great time to be in the market for a used Utopia. I've had to reduce the price on mine to compete with all the other listings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back