Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Mar 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #302 of 1,765
I ordered focal classic after was dissapointed from fidelio x1
Do you guys think,there is a big difference between pro and.classic?
I just like classic more.it looks gorgeous

I missed details in fidelio
It was great hp but coming from beyer pro with 24 bit vynil rips just sounded muddy on x1
I expect balanced sound from focal and at least same detalisation as beyer 990 pro or more

What could you say about it?
Is it realistic expectation?

I got them for 240 euros in germany

Apparently the classic cups are bigger and have a weaker clamp force.
Soundwise more details can be found here  http://headmania.org/2013/12/17/focal-spirit-classic-and-spirit-professional-review/

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #304 of 1,765
I own both the FSP and the FSC, at least temporarily.
Listening to FSC right now, and it's a rather pleasant experience.
The earcups to me look the same size, and the clamping force is the same too.
The differences between the two headphones are cosmetic (aside from the padding of the headband) and, of course, related to the sound signature.

They are both phenomenal headphones in my opinion, but I must admit that my experience is limited to dt770 e the old aurvana live model.
I also listened to akg545 before sending them back, was not too fond of the sound signature.
Comfort is not as much of as issue to me as it has been to others, apparently.

I feel these focal are underappreciated, and will be happy to answer to your questions if you have any.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #305 of 1,765
Hi Int,

Great :)

Could you tell me more about the sound signature on some electronic music..? House, Hip Hop, anything with some serious dynamics and great impact.. no no, no Dubstep.. ( joke )
Which one "would" be the most painful for extended listening..
What's the main difference on the Frequency department.. ( V curve.. on FSC..?  low mids hump "à la" HD650..? )

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #306 of 1,765
I listened to the 3 versions of the Focal headphones at the last RMAF and I personally liked the sound of the Professional better than the Spirit and Classic. I recently bought a pair and I am really loving them. I used them every night when I go to bed paring them with V200 amp. Even with the stock cable they sound better to me than my T70 recabled with the Zeus cable.

I just wish these had a bigger cup to go over the ear because on the ear and with their clamping force they can get a little fatiguing but that is not stopping me to really enjoy them. With their performance I think at $350 they are a bargain compared to others in the market.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #307 of 1,765
With their performance I think at $350 they are a bargain compared to others in the market.

+1

Sonically these are just amazing for the money. I also listen to them quite often in bed. I keep thinking I should be listening to the Sig Pro, but I just forget about it and get lost in the music.

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #308 of 1,765
+1

Sonically these are just amazing for the money. I also listen to them quite often in bed. I keep thinking I should be listening to the Sig Pro, but I just forget about it and get lost in the music.

I really hope that they can be a little mmore comfortable. For me it's causing pain at the top of my head due to the lack of padding. It's like the entire Weight of the headphone is pressing down hard at the tip of my head (doesn't help that it's quite heavy as well).

Comfort wise the classic is the best for me given the luxurious padding at the headband. Still, it's no way close to how comfortable many other headphones are.

Such a pity because I really love its sound.

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #309 of 1,765
  Hi Int,

Great :)

Could you tell me more about the sound signature on some electronic music..? House, Hip Hop, anything with some serious dynamics and great impact.. no no, no Dubstep.. ( joke )
Which one "would" be the most painful for extended listening..
What's the main difference on the Frequency department.. ( V curve.. on FSC..?  low mids hump "à la" HD650..? )

I will have time in the weekend for some quick comparison.
In principle, I would probably advice the classic for those genres where a bit more of bass impact is required.
The FSC wouldn't probably fit the bill for a basshead, but they do have some "rumble" when needed.
The review on headmania is quite accurate in my opinion. It should be noted that my amplification means are quite limited, I'm mostly stuck with an old ibasso viper. If you give me a few songs to listen to, I'll do that and report back.

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #310 of 1,765
  I will have time in the weekend for some quick comparison.
In principle, I would probably advice the classic for those genres where a bit more of bass impact is required.
The FSC wouldn't probably fit the bill for a basshead, but they do have some "rumble" when needed.
The review on headmania is quite accurate in my opinion. It should be noted that my amplification means are quite limited, I'm mostly stuck with an old ibasso viper. If you give me a few songs to listen to, I'll do that and report back.

Thanks that would be great :)
could you handle 50 Mo ? For 5 songs ?
The Two firsts are 2 Dave Pensado's References songs to check Bass guitar and overall mix balance.
Plus few "groove" tracks that i know pretty well
- old house music
-progressive edm
-Funk house music

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #311 of 1,765
  Thanks that would be great :)
could you handle 50 Mo ? For 5 songs ?
The Two firsts are 2 Dave Pensado's References songs to check Bass guitar and overall mix balance.
Plus few "groove" tracks that i know pretty well
- old house music
-progressive edm
-Funk house music

well 50 minutes per two makes 1 hour and forty... but I can listen to part of those songs, especially if they are easy to find on spotify.
they don't sound precisely as my favorite genres tho, so you will have to take is as a big favor :wink:
can I have the precise list / link?

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #312 of 1,765
  I listened to the 3 versions of the Focal headphones at the last RMAF and I personally liked the sound of the Professional better than the Spirit and Classic. I recently bought a pair and I am really loving them. I used them every night when I go to bed paring them with V200 amp. Even with the stock cable they sound better to me than my T70 recabled with the Zeus cable.

I just wish these had a bigger cup to go over the ear because on the ear and with their clamping force they can get a little fatiguing but that is not stopping me to really enjoy them. With their performance I think at $350 they are a bargain compared to others in the market.

They sent me the Classic with a Cambridge dacmagic xs i like 

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #313 of 1,765
  well 50 minutes per two makes 1 hour and forty... but I can listen to part of those songs, especially if they are easy to find on spotify.
they don't sound precisely as my favorite genres tho, so you will have to take is as a big favor :wink:
can I have the precise list / link?

Oups sorry, i was talking about 50 Mega Octets ... No 50 Minutes :)
Anyway, I'll have to try them both for myself.. 
Have a nice WE :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back