Focal Spirit One Headphones
Dec 19, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #302 of 323
  I got mine last week.  Initial impression is good (comfortable in terms of wearing and listening).  On the built quality, it matches with its price!!!

But I notice an issue today.  When I play music at certain level, the left side has clipping and vibration sounds coming with the bass.  Not highly irritating, but definitely the driver cannot sustain the bass or with some quality issue.

Since it only comes from left side, I doubt its the driver's ability to not keep up with it. It's I'd say 75% likely it's a piece of hair stuck in the driver casing that's starting to vibrate heavily with certain bassfrequencies making that distorted sound. I get that all the time  with my Q40 due to my bassheavy setup.

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #304 of 323
Dec 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #305 of 323

Thanks for the link/review. Do you think the size of the ear cups on the professional is similar to those of the "larger" classic or more like the size of the original spirit one?  Could you give ~size measurements?

No problem. Pro & Classic are both bigger than the spirit one, and have the same size.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #307 of 323
If anybody wants Focal Spirit Ones in white for a good price, I have a brand new in the box pair that I would never be using.

Just throwing it out there for those seeking a deal.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #309 of 323
I'd like to know if anyone knows about diferences or have had the opportunity to compare the Focal Spirit One, Focal Spirit Classic and Focal Spirit Pro; against some other headphones like the Grado sr325i, PSB M4RU-1, NAD VISO HP 50.

Thanx!

May 31, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #311 of 323
Quoted from the spec sheet:
Spirit One S is the natural evolution of Spirit One, our first portable headphones launched in 2012 which have been widely acclaimed for their sound rendering (EISA award 2012-2013) and thanks to which we have been able to learn a great deal. Spirit One S are portable headphones providing tonal balance adapted for noisy environments requiring reinforced bass. These closed back headphones offer unrivalled insulation, thanks to the ear cups which are 7mm larger, and provide significantly increased levels of comfort. The quality of the midrange-treble register has also been greatly improved. Indeed, the lessons learnt with Spirit Classic and Spirit Professional headphones have been applied to the transducer, which features an ultra-light hybrid Mylar/Titanium cone. Finally, the mechanical properties of the headphones have also been greatly improved, the finish is even more elegant and the price is even more competitive.

So in short: better sound, better build, larger ear pads, lower price. What's not to like?

My local dealer here in Dubai sells the original Focal Ones for 499 dirhams - $125 - tempting. Wonder what the price of the Spirit One S will be then. Seems like they are clearing inventory for the new S model. But it's not yet here.

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #313 of 323
Very interested in the One S! I appriciate the balanced sound of the Spirit Pro but I listen to mostly EDM music so I prefer a bit bumped bass or "^--" shape sound. Glad they also listened to the criticism and made it larger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back