Focal Spirit One Headphones
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #291 of 323
Hey guys, would any of you Spirit One owners be willing to measure the length of the earcup for me? Specifically, the length of the inner space where your ear is supposed to fit inside. And preferably in millimeters :) Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #292 of 323
Sorry, loaned mine to someone.  Its almost the same exact size as the L1's (which seem to be the same as the L2's) and its the exact same material as far I as I can feel (a material that NEEDS a good seal so it clamps tightly);  however, the pads are slightly thinner but they are A LOT more comfortable than the L1.  The perfect high clamp headphones imo, since they don't clamp on that pressure point under your jaw around the neck/skull area.

They fit in the headphone sort of like a truncated cone (cone with the point chopped off) instead of just a cylinder.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #293 of 323
  Sorry, loaned mine to someone.  Its almost the same exact size as the L1's (which seem to be the same as the L2's) and its the exact same material as far I as I can feel (a material that NEEDS a good seal so it clamps tightly);  however, the pads are slightly thinner but they are A LOT more comfortable than the L1.  The perfect high clamp headphones imo, since they don't clamp on that pressure point under your jaw around the neck/skull area.

Thanks. Well the L1/L2 is ~59mm, the inner space for your ears. And since the Spirit Classic is apparently a bit larger, I'm getting hopeful that my ears might actually fit in there :) The FSC should arrive Saturday, otherwise sometime next week :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #294 of 323
45mm x 35mm, 40mm diagonaal @ the narrowest part thats the seem @ a depth of 12mm.

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #295 of 323
45mm x 35mm, 40mm diagonaal @ the narrowest part thats the seem @ a depth of 12mm.

Thank you very much! Then probably the Classic will be around 60mm in length. If the pads are well designed, it could work. But I'm doubtful. We'll see though.

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #296 of 323
Thought I'd contribute my thoughts on the headphones to this thread:
I found them to have very clear mids and highs, and when amped they have very little distortion. The sound stage is relatively narrow, but they are so portable that they really can't be compared to other headphones that are open or considerably larger. I find these are great for the bus with just a couple exceptions that have brought me to start looking at selling at these headphones. The biggest thing I can think of is the insane rattle from bass that seems to be present with the headphones. Many Jack Johnson songs rattle from the bass, and I just had to stop listening for the evening because of how annoyed i was listening to 'Leaving  Blues' by Bombay Bicycle Club. If anyone has a pair of these and wants to give it a listen and let me know how it sounds for you, i'd love you're feed back. I deleted my mp3 version of the song and tried FLAC, and tried going unamped, and using an amp/dac and it was just horrible, really pushed me over the edge with these headphones.

This was the song, an example of something that caused a lot of bass rattle for me .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH3P2M1tSDQ

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #298 of 323
The first batches of the spirit one had quite some problems, Focal correctly replaced and replaces defective headphones, you should contact Focal and no doubt that they will help you get your non defcective replacement.

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #299 of 323
Nah don't have the bill any more. Waiting around hoping maybe someone will have DIY fixes for the housing or maybe to increase comfort.  Lots of stuff around for Grado and what not, hoping something shows up for these headphones.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #300 of 323
I wouldn't count on it, not enough people own them. I'd still talk to Audio Plus Services. They seem very down-to-earth. They sent me two extra cables for free when one of mine went bad. They may be willing to set you up without a bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back