Focal Hadenys & Azurys Review & Measurements
May 11, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #91 of 160
I agree both headphones are really good. heard them today as well.
I own the bathys which I love.
Focal understood that the bathys are a great platform for new models. And they delivered.
did you compare Azurys to Bathys at all? I'm somewhat interested in that, as without the DSP I feel like Azurys is at a disadvantage tbh

May 11, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #92 of 160
I haven't.
But I don't feel the need to sidegrade or sell my bathys.
But for someone who does not want battery driven, wireless ANC headphones. The Azurys might be a good option.

May 11, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #93 of 160
I haven't.
But I don't feel the need to sidegrade or sell my bathys.
But for someone who does not want battery driven, wireless ANC headphones. The Azurys might be a good option.
It's an odd one, the Azurys. With bathys around I'm thinking it well sell poorly tbh. It's why I'm curious, I feel like Focal must've pulled something impressive off to launch it even though Bathys sits where it does

The Hadenys on the other hand seems like a capital idea.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #94 of 160
This a yearly release to keep the brand visible. Agree there's nothing to see but the brand need to stay afloat.
I would without doubt go for a second hand.
Although the second hand market is great for all of us, it sure is nice to buy new.. Focal is bringing the price point down to affordable levels. I’m sure the average head Fi’er has headphones in the $500 to $800 bracket. 👍

May 12, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #95 of 160
Thats simple...Hadenys👍

NOMAX

PS.It is not so easy to make a closed one that offers a real balance in the bass/low end without woom woom
The Azurys still has a little too much for me...but it doesn't overdo it like a Stellia or a Radiance 😝
That's why I prefer it too
I was really surprised because I thought to myself beforehand....what are they supposed to be able to offer for this small price?😂
Also as far as the design of these new fabric pads is concerned...very good I have to say
All in all, a strong buy on my part for the dwarves from France👍
(Yes, if you can place large quantities on the market.....you as a customer can get more for a lot less money as from the others😉)

Hadenys vs Senn HD660S2? (if you've heard that one)

May 12, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #96 of 160
Hadenys because it doesn't sound covered/obscured in the highs and resolution is much better and its much more dynamic in the low end

NOMAX

PS.The new 660S2 is also inferior to the blue dwarf 😎

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #97 of 160
Hadenys because it doesn't sound covered/obscured in the highs and resolution is much better and its much more dynamic in the low end

NOMAX

Thank you! Based on everyone's impressions, Azurys is a better fit for my needs, but Hadenys sounds more exciting. I'll get one of them.

May 12, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #98 of 160
Thank you! Based on everyone's impressions, Azurys is a better fit for my needs, but Hadenys sounds more exciting. I'll get one of them.

I think both will get their big fanbase 👍
Even if I don't buy either of them,i have no Use Case, but it's my duty to say what I think of them....always assuming I've heard the model
(Assumptions are not my business)
However, if I were to buy my first better over-ear as a newcomer, it would probably be Hadenys Dwarf

NOMAX

PS.Sennheiser really needs to wake up soon....also in the lower price segment..because the French do not sleep😎

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #99 of 160

NOMAX

That's good to hear, been a bit disappointed with the HD 660S2 honestly largely due to the somewhat obscure sounding upper mids and highs. I actually decided I’m going to opt for the Focal Azurys over the Hadenys due to it being $150 cheaper and I am more in the market for a neutrally tuned closed back.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #101 of 160
Hadenys can take a balanced cable or not? Maybe someone can ask them directly. 👍

For what a balanced cable? the Hadenys sounds tonally better without than many others at a much much higher price with balanced cable 🤣

700 euros =it's a godsend 😇👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #102 of 160
For what a balanced cable? the Hadenys sounds tonally better without than many others at a much much higher price with balanced cable 🤣

700 euros =it's a godsend 😇👍

NOMAX

PS.lol
See Jude's comment on page 4. It is still not verified weather these headphones could run balanced connection or not. Only Focal or anyone wish to test could tell. Try 3.5mm TRRS balanced cable and connect with Hadenys and Azurys. See If there is a signal on L- and R- end.

Yes. Those headphones can run single ended without problem. But still a balanced connection could be even better.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #104 of 160
See Jude's comment on page 4. It is still not verified weather these headphones could run balanced connection or not. Only Focal or anyone wish to test could tell. Try 3.5mm TRRS balanced cable and connect with Hadenys and Azurys. See If there is a signal on L- and R- end.

Yes. Those headphones can run single ended without problem. But still a balanced connection could be even better.
The need for balanced depends more on the amp than the headphone. Single ended can sound very good, but some amps are built to be better from their balanced output.

May 13, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #105 of 160
I ordered a pair of Azurys, gather they are coming out in June, so looking forward to trying them out. The Azurys appealed to me more due to the fact it seems to be one of the few truly neutral closed-backs without FR compromises (lower mid dip, etc.), they have cloth pads (huge deal for me with closed backs) and the unique color scheme appealed to me.

I’m also starting to consolidate my headphone gear, going to get rid extra redundant headphones and gear and focus more on high efficiency headphones and get some nice portable gear.

Would be a nice surprise if they can be run balanced even though I personally have no need for it. Hopefully it’s confirmed by then as whether it can be used balanced or not may dictate what choices I make on future portable amps/dacs. If not confirmed by then I’ll try and see if I can test it myself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back