Focal Hadenys & Azurys Review & Measurements
May 10, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #76 of 160
So...the question of all.....worth the asking price??😎

IMG_4496.jpeg

IMG_4493.jpeg

Although this price segment is not my playground, I was still amazed at how far ahead of the competition these two dwarfs from france are in terms of tonality and technical performance
Really remarkable👍👍👍

NOMAX

PS.Incidentally, the only two newbies in Munich where i raise my 👍
(You must have heard it yourself...for that price I'll leave any Stellia/Clear MG/Celestee or Radiance behind...and that is not a joke 😉)

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #77 of 160

IMG_4496.jpeg

IMG_4493.jpeg

Although this price segment is not my playground, I was still amazed at how far ahead of the competition these two dwarfs from france are in terms of tonality and technical performance
Really remarkable👍👍👍

NOMAX

(You must have heard it yourself...for that price I'll leave any Stellia/Clear MG/Celestee or Radiance behind...and that is not a joke 😉)

You’re seriously saying, they’re better than all the Focal’s you’ve listed ? Or is just from a price point, only ?

May 10, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #78 of 160
You’re seriously saying, they’re better than all the Focal’s you’ve listed ? Or is just from a price point, only ?

I'll write something about it later when I get home back to Austria 👍

NOMAX

May 10, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #79 of 160

Really remarkable👍👍👍

NOMAX

Which is better, Azurys or Hadenys?

May 10, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #80 of 160
Fairly sure he means relative to the price, Azurys is 1/6 of Stellia after all.

We already know these don't technically compete with the Clear/Radiance let alone the top end Be driver Focals.

May 10, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #81 of 160
Which is better, Azurys or Hadenys?

Thats simple...Hadenys👍

NOMAX

PS.It is not so easy to make a closed one that offers a real balance in the bass/low end without woom woom
The Azurys still has a little too much for me...but it doesn't overdo it like a Stellia or a Radiance 😝
That's why I prefer it too
I was really surprised because I thought to myself beforehand....what are they supposed to be able to offer for this small price?😂
Also as far as the design of these new fabric pads is concerned...very good I have to say
All in all, a strong buy on my part for the dwarves from France👍
(Yes, if you can place large quantities on the market.....you as a customer can get more for a lot less money as from the others😉)

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #82 of 160

We already know these don't technically compete with the Clear/Radiance let alone the top end Be driver Focals.

The most important thing is always the tonality...followed by the technical performance😎

NOMAX

PS.And I'm pretty sure that these dwarves will also surprise many others 😉

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #83 of 160
The most important thing is always the tonality...followed by the technical performance😎

NOMAX

PS.And I'm pretty sure that these dwarves will also surprise many others 😉
I was already excited to try them and you've made it even worse. I wonder when a pair will show up in london to test, eagerly awaiting it. I've owned all the Focals now and always find it fun comparing them.

May 10, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #84 of 160
This is funny that Focal is advertising these two headphones together as the two sides of the same coin. When I decided Focal would be my brand of choice, I have picked up Elegia and Elex as my favorite tandem but these two are polar opposites, there nothing alike, at all !

Hadenys and Azurys are probably too polite for me personally, but I'll give them a listen whenever I have a chance to.

May 10, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #85 of 160

How do we know they don't technically compete? If you're basing this on price categories, the Clear is pretty old and has been selling for <$1k for a couple years now. Currently it's only $790. The Hadenys is $699, not far behind at all. Frankly, if the Hadenys isn't comparable to the Clear then why would Focal or anyone else even bother?

May 10, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #86 of 160
How do we know they don't technically compete? If you're basing this on price categories, the Clear is pretty old and has been selling for <$1k for a couple years now. Currently it's only $790. The Hadenys is $699, not far behind at all. Frankly, if the Hadenys isn't comparable to the Clear then why would Focal or anyone else even bother?
Basically because both reviewers Jude and Resolve mentioned it I believe, and I trust them on this stuff personally.

But maybe it will, I get what you're saying and no reason people won't enjoy it more than Clear

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #88 of 160
Interesting, too bad Bathys had the most uncomfortable headband I've ever used on a headphone. Could not tolerate the hotspot on the top of my head from that thin thing.

Also don't think the portable-leaning build of the bathys suits a proper passive headphone priced at $549 and $699. Too much plastic.

Eh on this release, not for me. Would take an Elex any day of the week, especially with Resolve's recent review saying that these don't have as much classic Focal dynamics, punch and slam as the other passive/wired full size headphones.

Cable also looks like crap, not a fan of single sided entry (RIP to those with balanced sources) at the price point.

Big MEH
Yep and yep

May 11, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #89 of 160
Thats simple...Hadenys👍

NOMAX
https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/hands-on-focal-hadenys-review
The Focal Hadenys cost £599 / €699 / $699, while their closed-back Azurys counterparts (also unveiled at Munich) are a tad cheaper at £499 / €549 / $549. For reference, the five-star Focal Bathys wireless headphones that these new headphones take design and technology inspiration from retail at £699 / $799, but this is still premium territory in which the new wired cans are operating.

At this price, the Focal Hadenys has some strong audiophile-level competition from the likes of Beyerdynamic and Grado. The Hadenys are flanked at either end of the price scale by Beyerdynamic's Amiron wired cans (now available for around £400/$429) and the excellent Grado RS1x headphones at £719 / $750.

May 11, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #90 of 160
I agree both headphones are really good. heard them today as well.
I own the bathys which I love.
Focal understood that the bathys are a great platform for new models. And they delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back