Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
May 8, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #1,171 of 1,722
For Samsung users with issues with volume steps get the Samsung Good Lock app from the Galaxy Store. Add the sound assistant module and you can change the size of volume steps (added non-sound related benefit - you also you can add a camera assistant which let's you reduce the amount of sharpening the camera applies).
Many thanks for your tip with the volume steps!!!

Maybe you can also help me with the problem that my Bathys (when plugged into the USB-C out of my Samsung s10e) charges all the time. Is there a possibility where I can only listen to them without charging at the same time? (Because it drains the battery of the mobile quite a bit)
Thanks

May 9, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #1,172 of 1,722
In the notifications shade is there an option on connection for USB mode? There is when plugging into a PC for example. If no options there then I'm afraid I'm not sure. Definitely should not be doing that. When I have a moment I'll plug mine in over USB-C and see what happens.

May 12, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,173 of 1,722
Many thanks for your tip with the volume steps!!!

Maybe you can also help me with the problem that my Bathys (when plugged into the USB-C out of my Samsung s10e) charges all the time. Is there a possibility where I can only listen to them without charging at the same time? (Because it drains the battery of the mobile quite a bit)
Thanks
The headphones are in the correct mode? If you are unsure, then check the manual. If they are in the correct mode then there might be something wrong with your pair.

May 25, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #1,175 of 1,722
Has anyone tried to that fibre headband part? Water+soap? As expected, it's starting to look bleh
You should wear Focal protective hat...

s-l1600.jpg

Jun 3, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #1,176 of 1,722
Does anyone know what the various notification sounds in the Bathys mean?

When I take a walk and get a certain distance away from my house it makes a knocking sound (almost like a car horn) sound. I feel like it's telling me it has lost connection with something... but it's not like it connects to wi-fi and I can't figure out what it is.... driving me nuts lol

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #1,177 of 1,722

When I take a walk and get a certain distance away from my house it makes a knocking sound (almost like a car horn) sound. I feel like it's telling me it has lost connection with something... but it's not like it connects to wi-fi and I can't figure out what it is.... driving me nuts lol
Bathys cannot connect (or disconnect) to wi-fi...

Jun 4, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #1,180 of 1,722

Got the same thing and it's really annoying. I've also had it inside the house sometimes, but when I powered off my Nintendo Switch instead of putting it to sleep, it stopped. It's probably some kind of bug connected with multi point pairing, which is a bit lackluster in Bathys anyway.

Jun 7, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #1,182 of 1,722
I checked it and confirm. Bathys go crazy (and ears killing) when connected to 2 bluetooth sources. Multipoint connection is (...).
Hmmmmm, multi-point works for me in the sense that if I pair it with my phone and PC or DAP, I can listen to music from PC or DAP then when a phone call comnes in it will switch over and allow me to take the call. Are you referring to something different than this scenario?

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #1,183 of 1,722
For instance: turning on Bathys, when I'm trying to connect them using bt dongle with PC (Sennheiser BTD 600) and the phone with active bt pairing is in range. Both connects with Bathys, but sound (only PC plays, phone is silent) is awfully distorted and i had to turn off bt (or disconnet Bathys) in the phone, sometimes i must reconnect dongle, too.

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,184 of 1,722
Yeah the Bathys constantly connect and re-connect when they are connected to my phone and laptop at work. Annoying, but they are so good in every other category I can deal with just disconnecting them from my phone.

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,185 of 1,722
Hopefully, future updates will allow users to turn off multi-point connect feature (similar to the Sony app). I think the current bare-bones Focal app has a lot of possibilities for added features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back