Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Jun 13, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #1,187 of 1,723
Anyone noticed that the ANC has issues with steps impact/noise? It's like the ANC is trying to overcompensate and does a bassy plop. Really annoying. I haven't tested with closing train doors yet. But I suspect it will do something similar. This feels very much like a first gen ANC product with flaws the competition solved years ago. Disappointing.

I really like the sound though.
I have the feeling that in DAC mode the FR is changed. Sounds like it is adding more mids around 1-2khz?
Are there any measurements out in the wild of the DAC mode?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #1,189 of 1,723
Anyone noticed that the ANC has issues with steps impact/noise? It's like the ANC is trying to overcompensate and does a bassy plop. Really annoying. I haven't tested with closing train doors yet. But I suspect it will do something similar. This feels very much like a first gen ANC product with flaws the competition solved years ago. Disappointing.
ANC in Bathys is definitely not class leading, but I think the problem you're describing has more to do with bone conduction/seal/shape of your head. I've had the same issue with PX8 with ANC off completely.

Jun 15, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #1,191 of 1,723
Did I just read on the past pages that Bettys will get LDAC? Support?

Jun 16, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #1,194 of 1,723
So is there any new information if Bathys will get Ldac support?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back