Vienna Acoustics (models?)
Quad 21L
Monitor Audio Silver RS6, RS1
JAS Orsus
Dynaudio (models?)
Paradigm Studio series
PSB Image T65
Polk Audio LSi15

Anything to add or subtract from the list? Help me narrow it down.
rs1smile.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, here's the list as it stands:

Von Schweikert VR-2
Kef iQ7, iQ9
B&W 6 series
Totem Arro
Quad 21L
JAS Orsus
Dynaudio (models?)
Paradigm Studio series
PSB Image T65
Polk Audio LSi15

rs1smile.gif

dali?
LSA 1 reference monitor?

Sep 14, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by islewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HSU and SVS make several subs that deliver all the extension and quality you need for well under 2K$. Integration isn't about the price of the sub - it's about making sure things are crossed over/managed properly, placed properly, and that you control the standing waves in your room. It's a foolish notion to think that things can't be good unless they cost a certain amount of money. The best subs I've heard might be REL and Revel units over $4000 - maybe - but they are only shades better than the best that HSU and SVS have to offer.

Which SVS have you listened to? (curious PB12 Ultra/2 owner here)

Sep 14, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, here's the list as it stands:

Von Schweikert VR-2
Kef iQ7, iQ9
B&W 6 series
Totem Arro
Quad 21L
JAS Orsus
Dynaudio (models?)
Paradigm Studio series
PSB Image T65
Polk Audio LSi15

rs1smile.gif

Paradigm MiniMonitor v.3 or v.4
Paradigm Monitor 5 v.3 or v.4
From Audiogon or eBay

Sep 14, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #50 of 52
If you really want studio type accuracy, why not just get a pair of true powered studio monitor speakers? (are you sure you want that type of brutal accuracy, though?)

If not, I'll add the Silverline Audio Minuet to the recommendations of others above:
http://www.silverlineaudio.com/modul...article&sid=91

Never heard them, but they did seem to get a lot of good press in the online audio rags.

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by mshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really want studio type accuracy, why not just get a pair of true powered studio monitor speakers? (are you sure you want that type of brutal accuracy, though?)

I've considered going this route, and probably will when I eventually build a home studio, but I thought it might be possible to find a better deal on some regular speakers (plus I want to use my amplifier
wink.gif
). Studio monitors in this price range are not necessarily accurate, either.

I went to a local Guitar Center and auditioned every studio monitor they had set up on two separate occasions and came away thinking that the Mackie HR-824 mk2 was the most accurate of the bunch. However, they were also $1,200 plus tax for the pair. Maybe something to think about at a later date. The other problem is that they are only accurate down to around 45 Hz, so a subwoofer would be a consideration at that point (which means another expense).

I have decent bookshelves now... I guess I'm really focusing on full-range floorstanders at this point, but still considering smaller speakers.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #52 of 52
If you decide to go with the Totem Arro, the Jolida JD-102 tube integrated is supposed to be a very synergistic match.

I believe this combo will lean towards the more musical, than brutually analytic, and bass extension might be limited, but it is supposed to be a very musically satisfying combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back