flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 8, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #586 of 39,414
  Curious, how do you enjoy metal on a slow monitor like A12?

Sludge/doom/stoner sounds spectacular-especially the bands that put a lot into the sound of their guitars with regard to amplification and other tricks: Dopethrone, Gatecreeper, Beastwars, Egypt, Belzebong, Electric Wizard, etc.  You're right though, given all the impedance nonsense and deceptive marketing involved in the A12 I am disappointed.  Won't be long though until I upgrade to Zeus and hear what I've been missing. 

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #588 of 39,414
  Wow you guys are typing fast. I listen mostly to the Backstreet Boys. But the earlier work, when it was still raw.

those known as '1st album fans'

you are such an elitist 
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #590 of 39,414
btw , i sent nic my '100 desert island discs' list , maybe he digs something there and he moves on from those raw BB demos 
gs1000.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #591 of 39,414
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=bdYPDYN0t3Y

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #592 of 39,414
  btw , i sent nic my '100 desert island discs' list , maybe he digs something there and he moves on from those raw BB demos 
gs1000.gif

I'm in a weird music phase at the moment because I happen to have some Indian audiophile friends that are rubbing off on me, but I'll get to it at some point 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #593 of 39,414
  Wow you guys are typing fast. I listen mostly to the Backstreet Boys. But the earlier work, when it was still raw.

I'm in a weird music phase at the moment because I happen to have some Indian audiophile friends that are rubbing off on me, but I'll get to it at some point 
biggrin.gif

There two kinds of people on this forum IMO.  Stereophiles who wanted better sound to hear the music they love and thus became audiophiles while retaining their love of music above all else and audiophiles who didn't spend their teen years immersed in music magazines, moldy hole in the wall record stores, going to every live show within a 5 hour drive and standing in the rain for hours to get in to see a band they love cramped into a tiny club with terrible sound properties and their adult years on music sites constantly downloading all the latest releases 24/7.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #594 of 39,414
biggrin.gif

Yea, an example playlist of the songs you judge the monitors on would be appreciated 

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #597 of 39,414
biggrin.gif

which indian? the aztec/maya or buddha?

you guys are typing fast :p slow down, and have some:

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #598 of 39,414
Sludge/doom/stoner sounds spectacular-especially the bands that put a lot into the sound of their guitars with regard to amplification and other tricks: Dopethrone, Gatecreeper, Beastwars, Egypt, Belzebong, Electric Wizard, etc.  You're right though, given all the impedance nonsense and deceptive marketing involved in the A12 I am disappointed.  Won't be long though until I upgrade to Zeus and hear what I've been missing. 

I get the feeling Zeus is bass-light, especially coming from 64 audio.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #599 of 39,414

which indian? the aztec/maya or buddha?

LOL, I guess the 'Buddha' variant though I'm not sure they'll appreciate the classification 
biggrin.gif

I get the feeling Zeus is bass-light, especially coming from 64 audio.

Zeus has a neutral bass. But like you say, it might feel light if you're coming from 64 Audio.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #600 of 39,414

I've heard everything. Jazz, Blues, Classical, Rap, Hip Hop, Rock, World, etc and subgenres therein.  I've been all over.  I'm not young. I'm 31.

I'm 31 one too. I still feel young. 
redface.gif
 I like clubbing and dancing to popular music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back