FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #4,621 of 7,931
yes Forrest has to tread carefully, delicately on pricing, esp when you have Fidue coming out with the Sirius....Trinity audio with their new phantom and master series....Dunu's more $$ iems....it is already a crowded and competitive market.  

many see the FLC 8S as offering fab bang for buck....keeping that good vibe, and a good reputation (as a reputable company offering value and winning consumer trust) is something that is hard to win back if you lose it, esp when you want to come out with a new and higher priced item.  

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #4,622 of 7,931

Hmm, I know a few business men in China and I think they will charge as much as they can get away with (=what the market is willing to pay. And I don't mean that in a bad way, it's a business after all). They only charge less because it's the only way to move products. They are not charging less for the betterment of mankind.

Good thing is - informed people can get amazing sound quality at comparably low prices. Like the awesome FLC8S we all enjoy.

No, I'm not that naive
bigsmile_face.gif
 I think that products like FLC's and SW3's are just right priced. If I only smell there is some marketing involved to it's pricing, I'll just pass. But that's just me and I know this is business after all. It's a great time for audio enthusiasts who are looking further than their local electro market. I feel Forrest and some others started a revolution. Hope they're gonna expand it.

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #4,623 of 7,931
  esp when you have Fidue coming out with the Sirius....Trinity audio with their new phantom and master series....Dunu's more $$ iems....is already a crowded market.  

imo Forrest will be smart to come out with something offering a good profit for himself without going too high in price.  many already see the FLC 8S as offering fab bang for buck....keeping that good vibe, and a good reputation (as one offering value, having consumer trust) is something that is hard to win back if you lose it. 

Phantom 4 and 6 are very exciting indeed.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #4,627 of 7,931
  What's Celeste expected selling price?

definitely more than 900 usd

Correct answer "I don't know"

Incorrect answer - yours
rolleyes.gif
 - unless you are privy to information none of us have.

And thanks for the resultant 3 pages of speculation, adding nothing of value to the thread. ​

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #4,630 of 7,931
  @RedTwilight he said dont quote his post haha

Too excited haha.. 
redface.gif

See pic alr immediately boom. 

Still, that's a beauty. Presses all my buttons and my wallet's buttons and and ticks all the boxes and whatnot. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #4,631 of 7,931
@Flcforrestwei
 That is a good looking earphone good sir and the tech involved sounds/looks very unique. I wish you all the best with your new product. While the FLC8s wasn't my cup of tea (though I am very glad I had the chance to experience it), it was clearly an absolutely brilliant product and you deserve the sales to match. Finding that happy middle ground for your target market will be a challenge, but you can do it :beerchug:

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #4,632 of 7,931
@Flcforrestwei
 That is a good looking earphone good sir and the tech involved sounds/looks very unique. I wish you all the best with your new product. While the FLC8s wasn't my cup of tea (though I am very glad I had the chance to experience it), it was clearly an absolutely brilliant product and your deserve the sales to match. Finding that happy middle ground for your target market will be a challenge, but you can do it :beerchug:

Thanks!:gs1000smile:

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #4,633 of 7,931
Are you kidding @Flcforrestwei ? Thats incredible! I mean, there are other IEMs with dials, I have one myself (Lear LHF AE1d) but having 3(? by the looks of it) is already interesting and making them visible is a stroke of genius. Besides being a great way to solve the 'fiddly' filter problem, you say its a design for China, well - I see Noble having clockwork pieces as an option for their customs. I see Mr Vang of Empire posting pics of this very recently in their thread. An IEM where the gears actually move and are functional, thats frickin cool. 

Also, what you're saying about 'perception of value' makes absolute sense and applies around the world, if maybe to a lesser degree. Obviously, you guys have that wicked strong low-end (or low price, rather) market to contend with that we only get a taste of through aliexpress. So while the FLC8 seems like a great deal outside of China, I can see how it could be considered stuck in the middle. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #4,634 of 7,931
Are you kidding @Flcforrestwei
 ? Thats incredible! I mean, there are other IEMs with dials, I have one myself (Lear LHF AE1d) but having 3(? by the looks of it) is already interesting and making them visible is a stroke of genius. Besides being a great way to solve the 'fiddly' filter problem, you say its a design for China, well - I see Noble having clockwork pieces as an option for their customs. I see Mr Vang of Empire posting pics of this very recently in their thread. An IEM where the gears actually move and are functional, thats frickin cool. 

Also, what you're saying about 'perception of value' makes absolute sense and applies around the world, if maybe to a lesser degree. Obviously, you guys have that wicked strong low-end (or low price, rather) market to contend with that we only get a taste of through aliexpress. So while the FLC8 seems like a great deal outside of China, I can see how it could be considered stuck in the middle. 

For most Chinese customers, visual is the first factor they consider a earphone.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #4,635 of 7,931
thanks, Forrest....your post makes me step back and appreciate how difficult it can be for a new product to reach the end stage,
esp when you're dealing with multiple different cultural markets that have their own unique set of tastes and demands....here is hoping those more seasoned on here are helping you by giving some feedback on pricing and specs to make it sell well--at least for our market.
you have alot of supporters here...continued success

Users who are viewing this thread

Back