FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #4,576 of 7,931
4 cords to the Y housing and then 6 cords to the earphone, because the cable is big, there will be no memory wires, and there will a fixed earhook.

We don't encourage to upgrade the cable, and we are sure the stock one will has the best sound.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #4,577 of 7,931
Quote:
  one of the main reason i traded my flc8s away is because of the cable which provides discomfort for me but the sound is phenomenal tho.

The stock cable SQ is pretty good imo. Just that it get so springy after sometime.
4 cords to the Y housing and then 6 cords to the earphone, because the cable is big, there will be no memory wires, and there will a fixed earhook.

We don't encourage to upgrade the cable, and we are sure the stock one will has the best sound.

So is a 6 conductor cable?

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #4,579 of 7,931

disagree, i upgraded my flc8s last time with a 4 core copper litz cable and it is a total upgrade over both the stock and silver cable. 
better soundstage,tighter bass, enhancement of details. 
rolleyes.gif

fixed earhook wise, please dont make it the audio technica style 
frown.gif

hope you are open to the suggestion and make the necessary changes that will appeal to the end users 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #4,580 of 7,931
disagree, i upgraded my flc8s last time with a 4 core copper litz cable and it is a total upgrade over both the stock and silver cable. 
better soundstage,tighter bass, enhancement of details. :rolleyes:
fixed earhook wise, please dont make it the audio technica style :frowning2:
hope you are open to the suggestion and make the necessary changes that will appeal to the end users :D

:beerchug:  

We put three catalogs of sound in the Y housing, must be three pins.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #4,582 of 7,931
Any previews/prototype photos of the Celeste?

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #4,584 of 7,931
better soundstage,tighter bass, enhancement of details. :rolleyes:
fixed earhook wise, please dont make it the audio technica style :frowning2:
hope you are open to the suggestion and make the necessary changes that will appeal to the end users :D

:beerchug:  

When we designed FLC8s we didn't do much cable research, just choose 7N OCC (the best copper) as the cable, maybe it's not the best for FLC8s, but for the price, we did our best, as you know, seldom competiors are using 7N OCC till now.

But Celeste is a different case, we put a lot of time to research the cable.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #4,586 of 7,931
I only spent one week to tune the earphone, but spent about four months to develop the cable.

When I handled Jabra products from 2000 to 2005, the company is a cable and cable assembly company, I have a lot of cable technology, and it helps me a lot this case.
understand that but fit and comfort is of importance regardless how good the sound is

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #4,587 of 7,931
I used to go with red, gray, gold, but recently it has come to my attention that red had too much subbass, interfering with other spectrum. Lowered it down to gray gray gold for a very balanced sound. I listen to a ton of trance, prog house, pop etc.

I am still using red/grey/gold and am loving it with spinfit tips.

Cheers.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #4,589 of 7,931
When we designed FLC8s we didn't do much cable research, just choose 7N OCC (the best copper) as the cable, maybe it's not the best for FLC8s, but for the price, we did our best, as you know, seldom competiors are using 7N OCC till now.

But Celeste is a different case, we put a lot of time to research the cable.

Official big THANK YOU! For designing an absolute marvel of an IEM.

For the cable, in general i think it has its benefit, looks like it will last forever. However, microphonics and stiffness are my criticism.

Really looking forward to the Celeste.

Cheers!

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #4,590 of 7,931
I am still using red/grey/gold and am loving it with spinfit tips.

Cheers.

might check out the spintips, too....never had them before..and one of my ear canals is wonky
i guess it's be the cp100?  http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/index.html
they really make a difference with their unique design?

update to my previous rant: the memory wire isn't that bad once you get used to it
...i'd still easily prefer a non memory wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back