FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #4,067 of 7,931
It's awesome to see such great customer service right here on the forum. God, I love Head-Fi!

My FLC8S will arrive in under 48 hours. It's Christmas Eve all over again, for me!

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #4,068 of 7,931
It's awesome to see such great customer service right here on the forum. God, I love Head-Fi!

My FLC8S will arrive in under 48 hours. It's Christmas Eve all over again, for me!

Hope you enjoy it immensely~
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #4,069 of 7,931

You just gave me an idea - next Christmas, I'm going to decorate the tree with IEMs. 
wink.gif

Actually, I am really serious about that, just gotta make a reminder so that I don't forget about it.

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #4,071 of 7,931
I think it's overlooked. As my set's metal case had the foam inserts missing from them or I could be mistaken and the metal case doesn't have foam inserts hahah
Either way, nothing major. The FLC8s still sound spectacular. Appreciating the triple G combo now. Grey-Grey-Gold. The mids sound a smidgen better without the extra Sub bass "bleed" into the mid area. By bleed, I mean it to be very slight and on certain segments of certain music.

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #4,072 of 7,931

You just gave me an idea - next Christmas, I'm going to decorate the tree with IEMs. 
wink.gif

Actually, I am really serious about that, just gotta make a reminder so that I don't forget about it.

Thats a great idea!!! 
beerchug.gif

But then wouldnt you be putting your IEMs in harm's way? *cough* kids *cough*

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #4,074 of 7,931
THEY'RE HERE! THEY'RE HERE!

/GLEE

[Impressions, etc., coming soon . . .]

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #4,077 of 7,931
I had ordered flc 8s but instruction manual says "flc8". Is this how it should be or I got old version?

My instruction manual (in Chinese, had to acquire English copy here) states "FLC8" which I think is fine. FLC8S comes with a braided cable (original FLC8 cable is supposedly better, tho') and has a different gold filter I believe. So if your FLC's has the braided cable you've got the current version.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #4,078 of 7,931
Jun 3, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #4,079 of 7,931
  My instruction manual (in Chinese, had to acquire English copy here) states "FLC8" which I think is fine. FLC8S comes with a braided cable (original FLC8 cable is supposedly better, tho') and has a different gold filter I believe. So if your FLC's has the braided cable you've got the current version.

Interesting. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone speak favorably about the FLC8's cable—especially not in comparison to the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back