May 10, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #3,571 of 7,931

i have tried the lab1 and lab2 already.
lab2 is phenomenal. i can understand why they cost 400,000 yen
beerchug.gif

well flc8s bang for bucks!

(faints)

May 10, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #3,573 of 7,931
i think they should first

1, have an appropriate cable - the microphonics for the FLC8S is a disgrace for an IEM at this price - you basically can't walk anywhere with it if you want to enjoy any degree of quiet music

2, Invest a bit more time in tuning - the dynamic driver doesn't display any of the tight deep bass that I would expect from this type of driver. If they told me they had forgotten to wire it in in my headphones i genuinely would not be surprised!

The mids are sublime for sure and the seperation and imaging are lovely but the bass leaves a lot to be desired :frowning2:
The bass would be as expected for an armature driver, 1 or 2 and if the headphones was meant to be a more neutral flavor but...

I tried all the different combinations. Today I tried black LF filter with the clear one hoping this would allow a more defined punchy bass.
It sort of achieved this but the bass was very warm.

I still enjoy the IEM's with greys & red but its sad that they came SO close to making a 100% winning headphone
For old Verve Jazz recordings such as Billie Holiday though they do sound exceptional! :)

May 10, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #3,576 of 7,931

1, have an appropriate cable - the microphonics for the FLC8S is a disgrace for an IEM at this price - you basically can't walk anywhere with it if you want to enjoy any degree of quiet music

2, Invest a bit more time in tuning - the dynamic driver doesn't display any of the tight deep bass that I would expect from this type of driver. If they told me they had forgotten to wire it in in my headphones i genuinely would not be surprised!

The mids are sublime for sure and the seperation and imaging are lovely but the bass leaves a lot to be desired :frowning2:
The bass would be as expected for an armature driver, 1 or 2 and if the headphones was meant to be a more neutral flavor but...

I tried all the different combinations. Today I tried black LF filter with the clear one hoping this would allow a more defined punchy bass.

I still enjoy the IEM's with greys & red but its sad that they came SO close to making a 100% winning headphone
For old Verve Jazz recordings such as Billie Holiday though they do sound exceptional! :)

1. Definitely agree about the cable -it's quite hopeless.

2. I would have to say the dynamic driver is pretty on point in my opinion, though obviously not as well controlled as my previously owned N6.  Just my 2c.

May 10, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #3,578 of 7,931

Hi Jon, just curious on the usage time of your FLC8s. As some users have noticed the dynamic drivers improve over time with significant hours played.

With regards to the microphonics on the cable, it's not THAT bad as I've had worse cables. I do agree it's not as supple as it could be and that the slight rigidity lends the microphonics but maybe I'm not as sensitive as it's not bothersome to me during commutes

May 10, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #3,579 of 7,931
What N6 @thatonenoob?

The totally ironic thing is that in their home market, customers didn't like the original FLC8S cable and asked for a more "boutique" cable. Of course now that they're gaining popularity in the West, we'd be happier with the original cable. Catch-22 anyone?

@nmatheis the Noble 6 haha.  For some reason, the cable as it stands right now reminds me of gardening twine.  No kidding.

May 11, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #3,582 of 7,931
Haven't heard DN2K. Heard DNK, DN2KJ, DN2002, DK3001, and DN4001. The newer DK models are pretty damn good. Make a tough fight for FLC but will cost more fo sho. I think I'd take FLC over the DN2002 and definitely over DNK and DN2KJ. Just my preference. I'm sure others would choose differently.
:beerchug:

May 11, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #3,583 of 7,931
Haven't heard DN2K. Heard DNK, DN2KJ, DN2002, DK3001, and DN4001. The newer DK models are pretty damn good. Make a tough fight for FLC but will cost more fo sho. I think I'd take FLC over the DN2002 and definitely over DNK and DN2KJ. Just my preference. I'm sure others would choose differently.
beerchug.gif

of all dunu iems, 1k and 2k impress me the most but flc8s gives me the edge

May 11, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #3,584 of 7,931
beerchug.gif

So the 1 extra driver on the 2002 dont give it a edge over the FLC8s?

May 11, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #3,585 of 7,931
  So the 1 extra driver on the 2002 dont give it a edge over the FLC8s?

drivers count does not mean it will sound better lol
a single carefully tuned driver can edge out multiple drivers

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back