FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #3,046 of 7,931
Has anyone got any custom tips made for these or other iems? any recommendations? No matter what tips I use, they make my ears sore and itchy. Im thinking if I should get custom tips made or go the full custom route.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #3,047 of 7,931
Has anyone got any custom tips made for these or other iems? any recommendations? No matter what tips I use, they make my ears sore and itchy. Im thinking if I should get custom tips made or go the full custom route.

Custom tips for Etymotics made by Custom Art. Perfect fit and isolation. I'm getting these for my FLC's too.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #3,048 of 7,931

Might be due to the used silicone. Have you tried the other included silicone tips colour or Ultimate Ears tips?

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #3,049 of 7,931

Custom tips for Etymotics made by Custom Art. Perfect fit and isolation. I'm getting these for my FLC's too.

I couldnt find these on their website. Any idea on the process and pricing? The bore fits exactly with the size of the Etymotics? Is this flexible silicone?

Might be due to the used silicone. Have you tried the other included silicone tips colour or Ultimate Ears tips?

Ive tried various tips from various IEMs but the small/medium ones usually dont give me a good seal and the large ones hurt my ears (due to pressure of foam expanding or forced entry in my ear canal for silicone tips).

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #3,050 of 7,931

I couldnt find these on their website. Any idea on the process and pricing? The bore fits exactly with the size of the Etymotics? Is this flexible silicone?
Ive tried various tips from various IEMs but the small/medium ones usually dont give me a good seal and the large ones hurt my ears (due to pressure of foam expanding or forced entry in my ear canal for silicone tips).

Yes, It's silicone. I don't remember the pricing for etymotics since I've had them for 3 years. Still didn't ask Piotr about pricing for FLC. You have to make ear impressions and send them to Custom Art, but they need FLC's too because they don't know them. I'll be doing mine this week, so once Piotr will have my FLC he won't be needing another set in the future. I suppose. Anyway just mail Piotr at info@thecustomart.com.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,051 of 7,931
Is there a forum achievement for reading through all 204 pages within a day?

Heard about the FLC's off the recent nuforce lottery massdrop which brought me here and now I am definitely intrigued.

My only concern right now that I have (possibly the dealbreaker) would be the options for aftermarket cables. It appears the 8's only play nice with stock TF10 pins and not the 3rd party stuff from lunashops that most custom cable makers use for their cables. Any way to obtain the original TF10 connectors aside from disassembling cables that currently utilize them? I am deeply regretting throwing out my old TF10 cable that stiffened up after a year of use now lol

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #3,053 of 7,931
My mate's absolutely impressed with the FLC8s. Kind of "audiophile" guy with excelent audio equipment. Mainly Hi-Fi. Trained ears. Everytime he comes to our audio meeting he gets out of words with this IEM compared to several other "top-tiers" 
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #3,054 of 7,931
Is there a forum achievement for reading through all 204 pages within a day?

Heard about the FLC's off the recent nuforce lottery massdrop which brought me here and now I am definitely intrigued.

My only concern right now that I have (possibly the dealbreaker) would be the options for aftermarket cables. It appears the 8's only play nice with stock TF10 pins and not the 3rd party stuff from lunashops that most custom cable makers use for their cables. Any way to obtain the original TF10 connectors aside from disassembling cables that currently utilize them? I am deeply regretting throwing out my old TF10 cable that stiffened up after a year of use now lol

FLC has two very good options. Their silver cable is reported to be a significant upgrade sonically. And the original FLC8 cable is probably an ergonomic upgrade while presumably being quite capable sonically.

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #3,055 of 7,931
Using FLC8S to evaluate new DAPs even though I have higher-tier IEM. That says something :wink:
:beerchug:

BTW, it's hard to call a winner between Shanling M2 and M5 between these. M2 has a brighter sound signature. Not bright compared to bright DAPs, just in comparison to M5. Sounds more open / airy. M5 on the other hand sounds very full, has more impactful bass, and better transients. Tough call as I move between the two. I'm leaning towards M5 because I feel it has better balance of musicality and detail. If you know my love for thevM2, that's really saying something because I think M2 punches above its price.

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #3,056 of 7,931
@dlayman yeah i'm aware that there are 2 good options however would still like the freedom to make my own cable/buy third party for better ergo/length/different wire material/etc.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #3,060 of 7,931
Using FLC8S to evaluate new DAPs even though I have higher-tier IEM. That says something :wink:
:beerchug:

BTW, it's hard to call a winner between Shanling M2 and M5 between these. M2 has a brighter sound signature. Not bright compared to bright DAPs, just in comparison to M5. Sounds more open / airy. M5 on the other hand sounds very full, has more impactful bass, and better transients. Tough call as I move between the two. I'm leaning towards M5 because I feel it has better balance of musicality and detail. If you know my love for thevM2, that's really saying something because I think M2 punches above its price.

I just spent the last few nights studying the nature of the Shanling M2 and M3. The M2 is a superbly vivid dap while the M3 felt beautifully refined in the highs and overall soundstage.

I got to plug the flc8s tonight for the first time (with a 100$ dap) and am rather impressed the complete cohesive sound! Hard to find fault with these!

Clear- Grey - Green for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back