Flawless albums
Oct 8, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #796 of 941
  I feel that The Miracle is a severely underrated album. Many great songs on it that are often passed over in favor of their bigger hits.

Moving Pictures is also a great album. Solid throughout, just a well-done album in my opinion.

Breakfast in America is probably my favorite on here. I first listened to this after being gifted a handful of records, which included Breakfast in America with the record being in perfect condition. I can't find a song on it that I dislike; every song adds something and fits well. Really a great album.

Agree with this for sure. I assume we aren't only recommending albums based on recording quality, the actual material is what we are commenting on? If so I need to throw in Tears for Fears, Sowing The Seeds of Love and Live Throwing Cooper. So many great albums I could mention, but for now I'll throw those two out.

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #797 of 941
All four of these were Flawless Panty dropper albums for me while in School. Each is smooth and perfect for creating the right mood with the ladies.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #798 of 941
  All four of these were Flawless Panty dropper albums for me while in School. Each is smooth and perfect for creating the right mood with the ladies.

Sly dog! Are you in your 40s now, or just a younger dude who likes some classic stuff?

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #800 of 941
  Sly dog! Are you in your 40s now, or just a younger dude who likes some classic stuff?

I wish I was still in my 40's. I'm 53, but these albums have always, and still do, serve me well. :D

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #801 of 941

I wish I was still in my 40's. I'm 53, but these albums have always, and still do, serve me well. :D

I'm not that far behind you my friend, I'm 47 myself so my 40s are soon to be in the rearview mirror. Damn I'm going to miss them, but not as much as my 30s, I really had fun in my 30s!

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #802 of 941
  I feel that The Miracle is a severely underrated album. Many great songs on it that are often passed over in favor of their bigger hits.

Moving Pictures is also a great album. Solid throughout, just a well-done album in my opinion.

Breakfast in America is probably my favorite on here. I first listened to this after being gifted a handful of records, which included Breakfast in America with the record being in perfect condition. I can't find a song on it that I dislike; every song adds something and fits well. Really a great album.

I too agree that The Miracle was a massively underrated album, tracks like "Was All it Worth It", "Scandal", and "Hang On in There" are one of my most favourite Queen songs, yet the album itself was highly under-appreciated by Queen fans. Too bad most people only know Queen by their common radio station hits like: "Bohemian Rhapsody", "We Will Rock You", and "We Are the Champions". Other golden Queen compositions like "Friends with be Friends", "Life is Real (Song for Lennon)", "My Love has been Saved", "Keep Passing the Open Window" etc... are never widely played or mentioned, compared to those Queen radio station hits.

Every track in the Moving Picture album was... beautifully composed. The progressive rock elements, combined with long instrumental interludes like "Camera Eye's" introduction and "Tom Sawyer's" guitar immediately makes the album interesting. Not to mention, Geddy Lee's smooth bass line combined with Alex Lifeson's technical (yet musically sounding) guitar licks and Neil Peart's drumming makes Rush so enjoyable. I find that the mid 70s-mid 80s era of Rush was at their best... 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemisphere, Natural Science, Moving Pictures.

Supertramp's Breakfast in America... omg where do I begin. I immediately fell in love with the whole album the first time I listened, every single song in the album was perfect. The order of songs was perfect too, staring with "Goodbye Hollywood", transitioning to "Breakfast in America", and then "Just another Nervous Wreck" etc depicts the theme of someone moving to America trying to become big while explaining the American culture and life struggle faced. That album is unforgettable, everything about Breakfast in America is perfect: melody, lyric, energy, tone, and combined with Rick Davies' and Roger Hodgson's voice... a match made in heaven. It is definitely one of my top 3 most favourite albums every created. 

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #803 of 941
  I too agree that The Miracle was a massively underrated album, tracks like "Was All it Worth It", "Scandal", and "Hang On in There" are one of my most favourite Queen songs, yet the album itself was highly under-appreciated by Queen fans. Too bad most people only know Queen by their common radio station hits like: "Bohemian Rhapsody", "We Will Rock You", and "We Are the Champions". Other golden Queen compositions like "Friends with be Friends", "Life is Real (Song for Lennon)", "My Love has been Saved", "Keep Passing the Open Window" etc... are never widely played or mentioned, compared to those Queen radio station hits.

Every track in the Moving Picture album was... beautifully composed. The progressive rock elements, combined with long instrumental interludes like "Camera Eye's" introduction and "Tom Sawyer's" guitar immediately makes the album interesting. Not to mention, Geddy Lee's smooth bass line combined with Alex Lifeson's technical (yet musically sounding) guitar licks and Neil Peart's drumming makes Rush so enjoyable. I find that the mid 70s-mid 80s era of Rush was at their best... 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemisphere, Natural Science, Moving Pictures.

Supertramp's Breakfast in America... omg where do I begin. I immediately fell in love with the whole album the first time I listened, every single song in the album was perfect. The order of songs was perfect too, staring with "Goodbye Hollywood", transitioning to "Breakfast in America", and then "Just another Nervous Wreck" etc depicts the theme of someone moving to America trying to become big while explaining the American culture and life struggle faced. That album is unforgettable, everything about Breakfast in America is perfect: melody, lyric, energy, tone, and combined with Rick Davies' and Roger Hodgson's voice... a match made in heaven. It is definitely one of my top 3 most favourite albums every created. 

So agree with you. I have seen Rush close to 10 times, but sadly never Supertramp. I was only 12 when the Breakfast in America tour came to town. My older brother was allowed to go, but I had to stay home. Bummer.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #804 of 941
  So agree with you. I have seen Rush close to 10 times, but sadly never Supertramp. I was only 12 when the Breakfast in America tour came to town. My older brother was allowed to go, but I had to stay home. Bummer.

Woah you saw Rush 10 times!??! I am quite jealous of you lol. I noticed that America and Canada are the best places to see concerts because bands tour there very very often. By comparison, I have only been to 1 love concert and that was Paul Gilbert's tour in UK.

Too bad Roger Hodgson already left Supertramp before I was born... Supertramp was never quite the same again ever since he left... 

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #805 of 941
  Woah you saw Rush 10 times!??! I am quite jealous of you lol. I noticed that America and Canada are the best places to see concerts because bands tour there very very often. By comparison, I have only been to 1 love concert and that was Paul Gilbert's tour in UK.

Too bad Roger Hodgson already left Supertramp before I was born... Supertramp was never quite the same again ever since he left... 

I find that surprising given the population of Europe and how easy it is to move around Europe/UK you would think it would be different. Ottawa where I live is very close to Toronto where Rush formed so I think as it was close to their home turf they tour this area frequently. In fact, Neil Peart lives pretty close by in Quebec when he is here in Canada. Hopefully we haven't had the last Rush tour, but there seems to be a feeling that no new albums are planned, but we'll see.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #806 of 941
R.E.M - automatic for the people

Franz Liszt - Harmonies poétiques et religieuses

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #807 of 941
Did a quick search of the thread and didn't see this listed: Remy Shand - The Way I Feel.
An incredibly cohesive album, solid throughout, and simply put - good music.

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #808 of 941

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #809 of 941

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #810 of 941

Users who are viewing this thread

Back