Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Apr 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #784 of 828
Quote:
Which brand is the most reliable ?  I think one of my flashlights was destroyed by heat.  

There's not really a single most reliable, but Surefire, HDS, McGizmo, Prometheus, Malkoff, etc are well-known for their reliability. Stick to brands that don't overdrive their parts. Simple features, thermal regulation, and potting of the electronics also helps.

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #785 of 828
I hope rechargeable CR123 3.7v won't ruin my Surefire Fury.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #786 of 828
Quote:
I hope rechargeable CR123 3.7v won't ruin my Surefire Fury.  
biggrin.gif

Uhh two of those will for sure lol. One 17670 will result in lower output, but not by much and thats rechargeable.

May 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #788 of 828
Heat dissipation is a serious issue, for anyone who has tried to build homemade LED flashlights.  I use thermal epoxy to mount my LED's on aluminum heat sinks and use them bare to get better performance than a store-bought flashlight.  Does anyone have a better way of making homemade flashlights?

May 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #789 of 828
Also, I recommend using the lower color temperature LED's because even though their brightness and efficiency ratings are lower, yellowish light reveals more detail than bluish light.

May 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #793 of 828
Quote:
Heat dissipation is a serious issue, for anyone who has tried to build homemade LED flashlights.  I use thermal epoxy to mount my LED's on aluminum heat sinks and use them bare to get better performance than a store-bought flashlight.  Does anyone have a better way of making homemade flashlights?

I remember reading somewhere in the specs that thermal epoxy doesn't conduct heat as well as thermal paste. On the mag that I modified, I used thermal paste in the middle and applied some regular epoxy around the edges to fix the led. Since thermal paste can conduct some electricity if it's really thin, I used a mounted LED rather than a bare one.

May 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #794 of 828
I just ordered an EagleTac D25a Mini. I was going to get the click interface version, but after reading some comments and comparing the two, I think the simpler twisty control scheme will be better for my typical needs. That said, the titanium clicky version looks pretty nice.

May 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #795 of 828
Quote:
I just ordered an EagleTac D25a Mini. I was going to get the click interface version, but after reading some comments and comparing the two, I think the simpler twisty control scheme will be better for my typical needs. That said, the titanium clicky version looks pretty nice.

I have the D25C clicky with the XM-L2 and I was hesitant about the clicky interface at first, but I'm glad I went with the clicky. It works really well with the 2 mode groups, where you can turn the light directly on high or low depending on whether the head is loosened or not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back