Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Apr 1, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #1,276 of 2,161
Haha Cecala you are uncorrigible, nice red colour in btw it looks authentic but only 3 for the highs? we are expecting two more for the super highs :p

Hi elfary I think I know you from reproductormp3 anyway these are very easy to drive and play louder than most of other phones at low volumes

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #1,277 of 2,161
Haha Cecala you are uncorrigible, nice red colour in btw it looks authentic but only 3 for the highs? we are expecting two more for the super highs
tongue.gif

Hi elfary I think I know you from reproductormp3 anyway these are very easy to drive and play louder than most of other phones at low volumes

Thanks. That's nice to know. Depending on the fate of my cracked Westone 3 i might purchase this. The quality-price-warranty ratio looks like an epic win.

Now that you mention your nick sounds familiar to me as well.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,278 of 2,161
No prob I've been reading your hilarious post about the F1 draw, in btw these iems beat all the triple drivers I've heard without compassion but I'm the fanboy around here so no surprise I'm telling you this :)

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #1,280 of 2,161
  Does this iem stand the test of time and daily usage?

Judging from pics the shells do not look what i'd call sturdy.

They are very sturdy, you would have to be careless and rough to damage these.

Apr 4, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #1,281 of 2,161

They are very sturdy, you would have to be careless and rough to damage these.

I agree, they are a lot more sturdy than they look.  Just as a comparison, I found that it was quite easy to damage Audio Technica's CK100 PROs when changing tips and I was careful.

I experimented with tips for the Fischer Amps while waiting for my custom tips to be made.  I tried the Shure Olives which I managed to get on by melting the tubing with a soldering iron and then mounting them with Comply tubes.  The sound is better to my ears than the Comply tips which I found veiled the sound.  However, I found that the vocals receded although this might be a problem with the fit of the Olives.

I found the Shure triple-flanges a lot better.  I expanded the tubes with a soldering iron at a low temperature so that they could fit comfortably on the FAs.  The isolation is decent with the triple-flanges and it resulted in a nice clear sound.  The isolation is a lot better than other triple flanges I've tried such as the Monster ones.

Apr 4, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,283 of 2,161
The only thing that is not sturdy is the logo that's on the shells that comes off eventually. Everything else is good.

Apr 4, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #1,284 of 2,161
The only thing that is not sturdy is the logo that's on the shells that comes off eventually. Everything else is good.

That happened as well to my SE215 clear and certainly ain't a problem.

So it's now between these,UM PRO 50 and Shure SE535...

I don't trust anyone who smiles before 9 am

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #1,286 of 2,161
Call me crazy but to me the look and feel of my iems matter. Where i do find the SE535 clear really beautiful and sexy the Fischer looks plain ugly to me. Like a fat lady. She might sing gracefully but it's ugly as heck.

I don't trust anyone who smiles before 9 am

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,287 of 2,161
The fa 4e looks better in real life than in pictures, you used the um3x if I'm correct and they look way cheaper than the fa 4e, anyway the shure 535 looks stunning sound wise are rubbish compared to the fa 4e imo and at the end i liked how my ex 1000 looked but they are gathering dust since my fa 4e arrived

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #1,289 of 2,161
I'm not a big fan of anemic bass and ultra rolled off metallic highs that's all...they are also poor technically in most regards compared to the fa 4e but shure mids have their fans that's for shure :p 

Maybe other users who have audtitioned both can add a bit of perspective

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #1,290 of 2,161
Well you know some recordings are just bass anemic (80's ones specially). It's not the headphone but the recording.

I have had for a few weeks and SE535 and i only found anemic on albums that were anemic. On bassy albums bass was prominent.

Anyway to each his own.

It's almost crazy to think that before Facebook, all of this nonsense stayed in people's heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back