Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Mar 28, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #1,261 of 2,161
Coming from owning only dynamic driver IEMs, being a self-admitted basshead (Solid Bass series ATH-CKS1000 is not considered basshead enough for me) I am pleasantly surprised and pleased to say that BA-based FA-4E produce enough bass especially subbass to satisfy the basshead in me. Mids are clear and crisp. Treble has a nice extension without being sibilant. Soundstage is adequate. Overall FA-4E is a solid performer for me as a whole package.  
Now that one last annoying bit, how to make it more comfortable for my ears without causing soreness after 30 minutes in the Crus of Helix and Cymba area...

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #1,262 of 2,161
MoonYeoi has been kind to send me some tips although they have not arrived as yet. I do sometimes get a decent fit with the included Comply tips and the sound is good although I'm expecting much better with a superior fit. The included cable's y split is much to short and sometimes does annoy me. Might replace the cable if a proper although not expensive variant pops up, I will indulge.

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #1,263 of 2,161
Cool Cecala very nice from Moonyeol which tips did he send you? tips provided aren't very good.

Glad to hear that fnkcow let's wait some days and some tip rolling till you get in love with them what about detail and separation?, hope you find a trick to avoid that issue maybe trying not to insert them very deep I don't know....

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #1,264 of 2,161
Seal wise and comfort wise I use tubes from comply TS and meelec balanced tips. They don't give the best isolation but I guess thay's part of why they sound so open to me. But oil them up a bit/use them for a few days/weeks and adjust the length with comply tips if needed. Also the added diameter from the tubes help provide a good seal. I tend to vary a bit overall but the meelec balanced and comply tubes are so far the best I've heard. The only tips I haven't tried that are frequently mentioned are westone star.

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #1,266 of 2,161
  Cool Cecala very nice from Moonyeol which tips did he send you? tips provided aren't very good.

Glad to hear that fnkcow let's wait some days and some tip rolling till you get in love with them what about detail and separation?, hope you find a trick to avoid that issue maybe trying not to insert them very deep I don't know....

1 pair of meelec balanced and 2 pairs of large hybrids + 1 pair of medium hybrids as stated in email.

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #1,267 of 2,161
Westone star tips nuff said lol. No but seriously I do find them to offer the best isolation and sound over the other tips I've tried. Included the sensorcom, Meelectronics and sony hybrids. Just my two cents. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #1,269 of 2,161
From vrnl comparation- EarSonics SM64: the ES IEM has less forward mids and a more V-shape sound than the FA4. The FA4 is always slightly V-shaped, but it´s done so well you don´t really perceive it as such. The mids aren´t sunk in a hole like sometimes with the SM64. SM64 has more bass quantity, but with less quality (it´s a tad loose). Actually the SM64 is a nice bass head IEM, it has an intentionally splashy sound that some will love and others hate. I liked it, but it isn´t exactly neutral. The highs on the SM64 are more rolled off and the soundstage is presented differently. SM64 sounds more like sound is coming from every direction while the FA4 has more forward staging. Detail retrieval is definitely higher on the FA4, I found the SM64 very forgiving of poor recordings. Build quality is no contest, FA4 wins easy. Soundstage is a bit larger on the SM64, but also less precise and directional. The SM64 is an IEM that pushes its own signature sound into all music, FA4 has more genre bandwidth and is technically superior. They are very differently tuned in the end, but the FA4 is simply a more balanced product with more mass market appeal. Some might prefer the SM64 bass, but for me the FA4 strikes a good balance there. SM64´s bass was sometimes too much and more importantly not as controlled as I would like. It really depends on the song though. Mids and highs is where I would give the nod the the FA4, but if you are looking for a more organic (at the expense of detail plus that flavour is pushed into the music regardless of the source material) coloured sound you might prefer the SM64.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #1,272 of 2,161
Just announced from Fischer's, the all new FA-5 dual bass version. 7 driver variant, 2 for bass, 2 for mids and finally 3 for treble. Pricing to be announced shortly and available in red only.

(image missing) 

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #1,273 of 2,161
Waiting eagerly 
tongue.gif
popcorn.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #1,274 of 2,161
How are these iems volume wise? Are they as easy to drive loud as Westone UM3x or Shure SE535? That's very important to me living in the continent of volume capping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back