Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jul 11, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #1,651 of 2,161
Well the new version sounds more engaging, natural and transparent while it's techincally amazing like the other... we tend here to give more meaning to all of these things but the old version is already great

At this price point with a good source but nothing spectacular (like the dx 50 don't have my amp repaired yet - didn't receive my null audio cable repaired yet) and the right set of tips like the monster tri flanges it's simply mindblowing would like to try someday something more expensive to see real differences guess that something like the k10 if it's much better will be sick then but price is too much 1000$+. I think 500$ is already a good amount I won't pay more and I'm glad how these sound for the price paid in fact this unit is insanely good other brands should follow the example.

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #1,652 of 2,161
Sorry for Offtopic, but one question is on my Mind:

Which Cable is the best for the Fischer's???

And why can a Cable change the Sound, because of it's impedance???, and which improvements can I get, is it really immense??

How can it be more Perfect as it already is, by a CABLE???

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #1,654 of 2,161
I wish I hadn't heard about the new improved version as well. It's frustrating as I only bought mine a few months back. But I guess there's always something better that comes along

Don't fret, I'm sure the differences are very small and you would need almost bat ears to notice.

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #1,655 of 2,161
Well the new version sounds more engaging, natural and transparent while it's techincally amazing like the other... we tend here to give more meaning to all of these things but the old version is already great

At this price point with a good source but nothing spectacular (like the dx 50 don't have my amp repaired yet - didn't receive my null audio cable repaired yet) and the right set of tips like the monster tri flanges it's simply mindblowing would like to try someday something more expensive to see real differences guess that something like the k10 if it's much better will be sick then but price is too much 1000$+. I think 500$ is already a good amount I won't pay more and I'm glad how these sound for the price paid in fact this unit is insanely good other brands should follow the example.

It's almost $2000 and like I said I would only indulge if money was no problem at all. Once you pass $500 or so dollars the SQ improvments drop off very fast indeed.

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #1,660 of 2,161
Yes I did but only to knew if he carries the old version which it seems cause he bought them months ago thing that we didn't know till Jochen Ficher told us everything about the new version so it's not necessary to worry my friend because he doesn't live in the same city as me

But as I've said I've been listening to the fa 4e over a year so I know very well how they sounded and what difference each other and the new fa 4e sounds very very good :)

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #1,661 of 2,161
If I had the money I would happily spend all the money I had so people could just rent them from me it's so frustrating I sold them ! Now wishing I could try it out with my new set up. I'd love the new version with the Forza AW hybrid cable balanced ended out of my Clas solo-db + Duet .

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,662 of 2,161
If I had the money I would happily spend all the money I had so people could just rent them from me it's so frustrating I sold them ! Now wishing I could try it out with my new set up. I'd love the new version with the Forza AW hybrid cable balanced ended out of my Clas solo-db + Duet .

Hmm.. forza audio.. looks interesting.

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #1,663 of 2,161
I'll report when receive my amp and my arete cable but these already sound amazing straight out the dx50 with the stock cable and the tri flange tips better than the old ones with the upgrade cable and the amp in btw the FA logo had the same luck than the older

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #1,665 of 2,161
Which tips do you use to get a god seal and good isolation?
I'v bought the Fischer Amps tri-flanges but I can't get a seal at all, only if modded to a bi-flange. As a biflange the isolation isn't good as comply.
Comply tips gives me the best seal and isolation, but they usually doesn't give the best sound and are expensive in the long run. And they doesn't look good after a while.
The silicon tips are a joke, don't provide anything. I thing they are made if you don't want any isolation at all.

I'm thinking of modding my um56 to fit the fa4.

By the way, is the monster tri-flanges any different from the fischer amps ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back