Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jul 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #1,615 of 2,161
Just compared the sony ex1000 for a while and man difference is mad you want a stage like the ex1000 you have it ( tried 3 songs and don't find the ex1000 to be more spacious), you want much deeper soundstage with clinic separation you have it, highs are even brighter, detail and clarity are far away it sounds much much better. But the spaciousness was appreciable compared with the ex1000 with my old set(when i received my first set thought that it was as spacious as the ex1000 but later in time I felt that didn't) not anymore these unit is amazingly tuned and sound super natural and clear, timbre is amazing.

No more hype till tomorrow

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #1,617 of 2,161
Been listenning to paul desmond from the hot afternoom album( i don't listen too much jazz) and I felt this album with my old fa 4e sounded a bit sibilant and unnatural didn't like the album with my old fa 4e but now sounds amazing really amazing. Time to sleep

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #1,619 of 2,161
Kurdt-Bada's Feedback made me excited about the Sound, so I called Jochen Fischer.

And I asked him, what is going on with the Mid Section, is the "phone" sound vanished?

He said, many users told him, that the Mid Section maybe sounds a bit to harsh & could annoy.

So, he dropped the frequence between 1 - 2 KHZ about 3-4 db, so the Sound is now more neutral & the "Phone" sound is not existing anymore.

He said, he changed the Crossover, like Kurdt told, & fixed the Middle Driver, so the sound is now much better than the old one, cause the Mids are now exactly, how they should be, not to "phone" sounding, & more neutral & crisp.

Isn't that Nice?

Kurdt heared the Difference & you are right, it is changed!

Ive asked him, why he does not write that in the official page, he said: "It is not an huge improvement, only High fidelity ears will hear the difference in the Mid Section. The Harshness between 3-4 Khz he also fixed it & the Crossover between Mids & Highs is much more fluid, now it should sound everything how is supposed to be!

It was really easy for his Team to fix the Middle Driver & it made a noticeable difference, he told me.

So Guys, maybe you will make a comparison to your "old" FA-4's vs the "new" one?

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #1,620 of 2,161
Kurdt-Bada's Feedback made me excited about the Sound, so I called Jochen Fischer.

And I asked him, what is going on with the Mid Section, is the "phone" sound vanished?

He said, many users told him, that the Mid Section maybe sounds a bit to harsh & could annoy.

So, he dropped the frequence between 1 - 2 KHZ about 3-4 db, so the Sound is now more neutral & the "Phone" sound is not existing anymore.

He said, he changed the Crossover, like Kurdt told, & fixed the Middle Driver, so the sound is now much better than the old one, cause the Mids are now exactly, how they should be, not to "phone" sounding, & more neutral & crisp.

Isn't that Nice?

Kurdt heared the Difference & you are right, it is changed!

Ive asked him, why he does not write that in the official page, he said: "It is not an huge improvement, only High fidelity ears will hear the difference in the Mid Section. The Harshness between 3-4 Khz he also fixed it & the Crossover between Mids & Highs is much more fluid, now it should sound everything how is supposed to be!

It was really easy for his Team to fix the Middle Driver & it made a noticeable difference, he told me.

So Guys, maybe you will make a comparison to your "old" FA-4's vs the "new" one?

Nice. When did they made the change? I'm curious to find out if my arriving pair is the new version. I bought them from Thomann.

Edit: I just dropped a mail to Jochen.
Edit 2: Jochen confirmed to me that Thomann carries the new version. He was looking forward to my impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back