First serious closed headohones reccomendations needed!
May 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #19 of 120
Don't know anything about the momentums. I tried them once but very briefly. I've got smaller ears and they wouldn't fit my ears so they sounded overly dark.
They sure look nice though. Anyway, for rock, I'd recommend them, but not the beyers. Oh please not the beyers for metal... The ws99s are pretty good for that too.

I'm just saying, I though i was in it all for the sq but man these 1rs are hypnotizing. I feel that looks actually matter, and that they make me a biased person. The ws99s on the other hand just flat out rock. Eq them a little and they're great for fast type of rock.

May 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 120
Don't know anything about the momentums. I tried them once but very briefly. I've got smaller ears and they wouldn't fit my ears so they sounded overly dark.
They sure look nice though. Anyway, for rock, I'd recommend them, but not the beyers. Oh please not the beyers for metal... The ws99s are pretty good for that too.

I'm just saying, I though i was in it all for the sq but man these 1rs are hypnotizing. I feel that looks actually matter, and that they make me a biased person. The ws99s on the other hand just flat out rock. Eq them a little and they're great for fast type of rock.

What amp would compliment them nicely? A fiio?

May 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #21 of 120
You don't need an amp for either and if your talking fiio you must specify. There's no reason to amp the 1rs.

The ws99s are nice out of an iPod, and nicer out of an e11. You don't need an amp but if you must, I'd say wait for the up and coming fiio x3 DAP. there's a nice thread for it, and it has the same amping power and dac level as fiio e17.

May 8, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #22 of 120
You don't need an amp for either and if your talking fiio you must specify. There's no reason to amp the 1rs.

The ws99s are nice out of an iPod, and nicer out of an e11. You don't need an amp but if you must, I'd say wait for the up and coming fiio x3 DAP. there's a nice thread for it, and it has the same amping power and dac level as fiio e17.

It's just that every review I have read had said that the ws99s gave a lot of bass and are good for rap not rock...

May 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #23 of 120
Ultrasone Hfi780 

Beyer Ones 

Heck buy the M50's for $80 use them as your everyday headphones, with the extra $220 you have saved buy a set of open back headphones and start saving up for an amp =) 

May 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #30 of 120
Well I bought the EQu app. It's absolutly wonderful but it costs 3,4,5 dollars or something. Amping does help with these, but you don't NEED it. At least not for portable use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back