First Custom IEM's
Mar 29, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #16 of 27

Quote:

yes... of course only to certain extend... if you put UM Miracle up against HD800... there is no way CIEM can win.. but it can be as good as most of the closed headphones... ( I have not heard Miracle before.. but that's the consensus around here)

oh ok but what do you think about the jh audio 16 pro? the fact it has 8 drivers interests me, do you think its worth the jump to get that from lets say, um miracle? im going to read more about the jh audio 16 pro now.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #17 of 27
Hmm... more drivers have more potentials, but more drivers ≠ better sound... 6 drivers are more than enough to divide up 20hz~20Khz frequency range... I believe UM Miracle is said to have wider SS than JH 16 Pro and more balanced sound... might be wrong..  
once you throw that much money at it... the only difference between IEMs/headphones is your personal preference...

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 27

Quote:
oh ok but what do you think about the jh audio 16 pro? the fact it has 8 drivers interests me, do you think its worth the jump to get that from lets say, um miracle? im going to read more about the jh audio 16 pro now.

Having listened to demo version of the JH13 and JH16 (and subsequently buying the JH13) the only difference is that the JH16 has a higher bass quantity, that's it. Transferring across to the Miracle I would say that he JH16 wouldn't have a better sound quality, simply because it has two extra drivers.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #19 of 27
ok thanks for the feedback. i personally dont own any custom iem nor have i ever listened to any but i do have a tf10 and the impression of having multiple armature drivers gives a better extension on both ends than 1 dynamic driver for the whole sound spectrum, my etymotic research hf 5 as an example... 

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #20 of 27

Quote:
ok thanks for the feedback. i personally dont own any custom iem nor have i ever listened to any but i do have a tf10 and the impression of having multiple armature drivers gives a better extension on both ends than 1 dynamic driver for the whole sound spectrum, my etymotic research hf 5 as an example... 

The bases are pretty much covered when you have 2 drivers for each part of the spectrum, it's more about proper tuning at that level. The extra 2 drivers is a bit gimmicky imo but the JH16 achieves it's objective of extra bass without killing SQ for only about $50 more.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #21 of 27

Quote:
The bases are pretty much covered when you have 2 drivers for each part of the spectrum, it's more about proper tuning at that level. The extra 2 drivers is a bit gimmicky imo but the JH16 achieves it's objective of extra bass without killing SQ for only about $50 more.

well some people are extreme bassheads... i know im not, im cool with my hf5 but i actually think there are quite a number of people who are bassheads especially when they have no knowledge of headphones at all, for some people more bass= better sound quality. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #22 of 27

Quote:
well some people are extreme bassheads... i know im not, im cool with my hf5 but i actually think there are quite a number of people who are bassheads especially when they have no knowledge of headphones at all, for some people more bass= better sound quality. 

The JH16's weren't what I'd call bass heavy iems, it just has more bass but not an extreme amount like the UM Merlins would. But the JH13 isn't bass light either, just very neutral.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #23 of 27

Quote:

The JH16's weren't what I'd call bass heavy iems, it just has more bass but not an extreme amount like the UM Merlins would. But the JH13 isn't bass light either, just very neutral.

i bet the difference is like sennheiser hd 600 and 650 tho i never heard either but i read enough reviews of both of them. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
i bet the difference is like sennheiser hd 600 and 650 tho i never heard either but i read enough reviews of both of them. 

Except with that annoying midrange veil
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
I would of got that if my head weren't so big and my ears so sensitive to clamping force.

i dont have those 2 problems 
biggrin.gif
 and i actually have listened to them in best buy, not anywhere they let you demo the beats and bose but they have a little room for hifi. they have it over there, i saw it, i was like sweet, let me demo them. the problem is im not an audiophile so my listening skills are not good enough for me to test headphones anywhere and anytime i want. that really sucks, i always have this problem. i can almost never test headphones in stores 
triportsad.gif
. i can often listen better when im listening to music at home and i think my listening skills are the best when im commuting on bart and i have nothing to do and just listen to and focus on the music. any solution to this? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back