Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jul 17, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #16 of 6,349
Just had a nice long conversation with Bogdan. I noticed he shared the same last name as the people from 64 audio and he confirmed they are the same family. These sure appear on paper to be my end game IEM ( I only get universals and they are not available yet) . Extra bass is achieved through the placement of the bass drivers (into the shell as opposed to outward) Bogdam says the bass in these is unreal. Full and impactfull with a tactile feel to them yet it won't interfere with the highs. The non elctrostat tweeter is actually a Tia driver without it's cover. He said they will soon be offering a try out tour for us head-fier's. I know of ten local members who will be all over these. Time to start selling blood.... or at least my U18t's :). Universals can not be customized with art and the placement of the Atom vent will be in the back. I sure wish I could drive somewhere to hear these TODAY as they represent a new apex in headphone technology. The fircon (name changed and I did not take good enough notes) cable connector is indeed for durability which is a big problem in the pro audio world from what I am told. Some companies using 2 pin have a two to four month use life before they break.

I am trying desperately to get a hold of one to compare with the other TOL IEM's I now have and have a shoot out....
Hey actually I’m writing a similar shootout soon, comparing:

Noble Katana
A18t
FiR M5 universal
Andromeda S

When are you getting yours??

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 6,349
There are picture of the universals that will be released soon on Instagram (#firaudio). You actually have color options with the universal !!!!
From what I know the different universals are different colors but I don’t think you can choose what color you’d like your M5

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #19 of 6,349
Sorry about the misinformation. I edited my post. I think you are correct. I zoomed in on the picture and the model numbers are all different.

But I will confirm

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #20 of 6,349
mr.jpeg

Thanks mvvRAZ for the picture

FIR said it was cool to post it

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #22 of 6,349
and the customer experience so far has been absolutely exception, couldn't dream of better.

Simply amazing

You get a sense that it is not really all about the money. There is passion and convection in his voice. This is a labor of love.

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #27 of 6,349
can you share some impression on the M5? how is it compare to the U12t, ier-z1r, Solaris, etc.
Am shopping for a new iem and came across this thread.
Think the N8 but with a mid-treble boost where the N8 would downslope. Somewhat similar to the U12t except it’s obviously a hybrid and doesn’t quite have universal 12t’s tonality, only the overall tonal balance. Not really that similar to Z1R or Solaris so there’s no point comparing.

EDIT: It does appear however that the final version of the M5 (which it seems I actually haven’t heard) doesn’t have as much of a treble boost. Expect a darker sound signature than what I described

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #28 of 6,349
I'm headed to the Summer NAMM on Saturday. Bought passes because I saw Empire Ears and Clear Tunes we're going to be there. Need to audition the Valkyrie, Wraith and Da Vinci's (9 & 10).

Looked at the floor chart today and saw Fir Audio is going to be there, which led me to take a look at this thread. Guess I have a third booth that must be visited :)

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #29 of 6,349
can you share some impression on the M5? how is it compare to the U12t, ier-z1r, Solaris, etc.
Am shopping for a new iem and came across this thread.
Yup will be posting a full review

My base of comparison would be the Andromeda S, the Noble Katana and the A18t from 64, as those are the IEMs I currently own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back